Jetzster

Time for a WS City Roll Call

I think I've noticed some mentions of Rugby here. The French town where my company makes our products is as rugby mad, as Green Bay is about American football.

My bad,

Beziers, a tiny town concerned with wine (I heard they escaped the big wine bug a century ago), olive oil, oilfield equipment, bull fighting, and raving mad about Rugby.

I heard that the area just south of Beziers, known as New Beziers, was known for wine based spirits used in abinthe.

I currently live in Titusville Florida, approximatelt 10 miles due West of Pads 39A & B.

Seven and a half months ago I lived in Mims Florida, about 12 miles north of my current home and approximately 16 miles North-West of Pads 39A & B.

McAllen, Texas near the border of Mexico and the Rio Grande Wormwood (heh heh - well it is cloudy like a glass of absinthe but I wouldn't drink from it)

Born, bred and raised in the eastern part of the state but now hailing from Reidsville, NC, the land of the all night redneck. The wife and I are busy putting together an escape commitee and the digging of tunnels "Tom, Dick and Harry" have begun! (Cue the famous music. You know the one.) It's one of those "any place is better than here" scenarios.

Moved again, Santiago Chile for 3 to 5 years depending on good behavior and tolerance level. So far there is no Absinthe scene here. The only bottles I've seen are Pere Kermann :puke: Have not tried any mail order yet but that may be the only way. Been enjoying the wine and pisco.

Here it is:

Absenta Dragon

Talcamávida Distillery

Carrera 15,Talcamávida

Concepción-Chile

Sótero del Río 326, Of. 704

Santiago-Chile.

Thanks Brian, I'll look her up one weekend, been real busy with the move, finally starting to have free time again. If you get down this way give me a shout, working at the airport has its advantages. Santiago is a nice place to thaw out, been sunny with 80 degree days and 65~70 degree nights. The fruit is coming into season also, HUGE watermelon for $6.

I've been curious about that absinthe since the person introduced themsleves here (or someone posted about them). Pisco is a logical cousin to fancy absinthe, and methinks* Chielan Pisco (being rectified), lends itself nicely to making abisnthe.

* Ubu knows xit about making absinthe.

Edited by Père Ubu

Santa Rosa, CA; about an hour north of the Golden Gate.

Looks like a lot of northern CA types here. Maybe we should have a party.