Jetzster

Time for a WS City Roll Call

Another one in Austin TX.

Enoch, where you last weekend?

Hi, Eric. I was visiting relatives for Thanksgiving and trying unsuccessfully to make an absinthe convert or two. What did I miss?

Addendum: Duh and damn. Just figured it out. I came to the board just in time to miss the news of the louche fest. I'm sorry I missed it - I don't know another soul here in Austin who likes absinthe, and would be thrilled to meet some folks. Next time for sure.

You've already got my place close enough at northern cali/Sac. Not exactly in Sac but most people haven't heard of where I live and when I explain it they will laugh, so Sac is good enough. :)

make me laugh. Where do you live?

Heh. Ever read the Mark Twain short story "The Celebrated jumping frog of Calaveras County"? Yeah that's where I live. Our claim to fame is every year people bring Frogs to a county fair and scream and stomp at them on a stage to get them to jump the farthest. If you like trees we also have the big trees state park, but more people know about Calaveras because of the frogs.

Till I was three we lived in Lancaster. It was a dust bowl then, I've heard it's grown up a bit. My Dad and Grandpa road motorcycles with the Prospectors motorcycle group, we had friends in Victorvile.

Welcome Alan! People here who frequent feeverte know you (real well :P ) Go introduce yourself!

Hi Plunger, I hesitate to introduce myself since my InBox hate mail is already full!

Alan

(damn it, I nearly introduced myself there)

Hi Plunger, I hesitate to introduce myself since my InBox hate mail is already full!

Alan

(damn it, I nearly introduced myself there)

I think you'll find the attitude here a bit more calm and collected than at Fee Verte. Welcome :cheers:

I think you'll find the attitude here a bit more calm and collected than at Fee Verte. Welcome  :cheers:

But I really enjoy the high level of intellectual debate at the other place. "Calm and collected" sounds a bit boring, doesn't it? Hardly the right tone for a site propagating the virtues of absinthe?!

Or are you just softening me up for the next posting?