Jetzster

Time for a WS City Roll Call

It's official. I am... finally... a homeowner! I just closed on a very nice house in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I'm about 15 minutes south of Minneapolis now, 7 south of St. Paul.

Love it!

Congrats! :cheers:

Just wanted to say hello from Shoreline, Washington (Hey, it was Seattle when I moved here) via Long Island, NY.

Just getting started and have enjoyed Doubs, La Ptite and Duplais, On a chartered fishing vessel of foreign registration anchored several miles off US Territorial waters... though possibly in Iranian waters, the definition of such being somewhat loose at this juncture.

I am looking for some suggestions on what to try next, and am thankful for being advised against the Czech absinth thanks to this forum. Though there is still part of me that wonders "well, HOW bad is it?"

You might want to re-post this under the Newcomer Introductions posting........but I want to welcome you to the forum. I'm thinking maybe I met you???

I am looking for some suggestions on what to try next, and am thankful for being advised against the Czech absinth thanks to this forum. Though there is still part of me that wonders "well, HOW bad is it?"

How bad?

I'm going to suggest this thread, by a relatively new user tblshoot, who bought some ClB and Strong68, because he didn't believe it when we said "Avoid the czech swill".

Another new user, Mark, also had doubts that "Avoid the Strong68" was a complete review. Here's his response after he received his product and gave it a try.

Also, right in your area, on May 26th is going to be this totally incredible party where you'll get to try as many different absinthes as you'd like. You can even drink some KOSG if you'd like. You can't reserve your attendance yet but I'm sure that will happen in due time. It will be the best $25 you ever spent in your entire life.

I know you don't know me at all, but trust me on this one. I wouldn't steer you wrong.

:cheers:

What she said.

Just getting started and have enjoyed Doubs, La Ptite and Duplais, On a chartered fishing vessel of foreign registration anchored several miles off US Territorial waters...
Wow, that's a bt out of the way to go for absinthe. I just have mine sent to my house here in Wallingford. ;)

I recommend you sign up for the May event as soon as I put a link up; and definitely before you drop your hard-earned ducats on some fake Czech crap. I have plenty here, and you're welcome to try it. I've got Hill's, Sebor, Absinthe King of Spirits Gold and Logan Fils. That should be enough to let you know exactly how bad it is. In fact, just to keep it interesting, maybe I won't let you ave any of the good stuff untill you've had a glass of each of those. :laf:

Dutifully adding my whereabouts- NYC Suburbia. Land of the "Jones"

Southernmost tip of Westchester County- in a little town of literary gathering (a strange majority of the NY Times employees live here) called Pelham. :wave2:

I personally find the Czech Torture idea to be possibly entertaining as hell : except he'd be too pissed drunk to appreciate the real deal when he finally got to it.

The "How bad can it be?" is a typical noob thought- I'll admit I had it before reading here & have decided I don't really need to know.

It's official. I am... finally... a homeowner! I just closed on a very nice house in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I'm about 15 minutes south of Minneapolis now, 7 south of St. Paul.

Love it!

Welcome to the wild wonderful world of "You Own it, You fix it"!

Congrats. You are now part of the 'Great American Dream".

Really, I'm glad to hear it despite my sarcasm.

Ill claim Sacramento ,California ,USA ,anybody else?

Born and raised in Sacramento.

For the past ten years I have been in Clearwater, MN.

B) Born and raised here also,just a tad different climate there,right LeRoy? Capitol traffic has been exponentially worse the last 10 years :angry:

B) Born and raised here also,just a tad different climate there,right LeRoy? Capitol traffic has been exponentially worse the last 10 years :angry:

Probabaly be better if trucks would stop burning holes in the bridge. Ouch!

I'd certainly go for that! Can't let them West weirdies show us up nah, ya heyah!

Maybe if there's enough warning ahead of time, a few of us Alabamians might be able to get there.

I'm hoping to have the new house by July or August. Once we're moved in, I'd be more than happy to host it. I'll make sure to give everyone more than enough time to put it on the calendar!

No excuse for not making it based on where I reside these days however, if it is too close to TOTC in NOLA, I might not be able to do so..

Damn!!! VA is still too far away for me!

How far away from Pittsburgh are you?

And MPC, it won't be too close to TOTC. I'm thinking probably something closer to Sept or Oct.