#1 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

Video recorded November 28th 2011.

Kid gets some pretty well researched things wrong (thujone effects) but I can't post comments for some reason.

The claim that thujone isn't well researched got me all red in the face, try researching the Aghori Sadhus in 2004 before NatGeo found them. There's your lack of scientific information, current thujone research is a gold mine compared to that.

:blowup:

EDIT: no URLs in posting comments so I chopped off the www. part and now I have a comment pending approval.

Edited by Evan Camomile, 11 December 2011 - 08:58 AM.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#2 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,265 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

At least he wasn't sensationalizing, merely repeating published misinformation. I'm guessing he used some of the older books to research this: Jad Adams' Hideous Absinthe, and probably Barnaby Conrad's Absinthe: History in a Bottle. That, along with some internet skimming.

I find it interesting that he refers to the thujone-induced convulsions as anecdotal, but speaks about the hallucinations as if that were a well-established fact.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#3 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

The student sure did a bare minimum amount of research. It has that ''my project is due tomorrow" look to it. Just grab the first book/ article you can find about a point and move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association