• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

that sort of thing is SOP for the old "found-footage" video promo. Don't believe the hype.
What part of Klaatu Barada Nikto don't you understand?

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

#32 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

I would use up far too much bandwidth using the appropriate number of poop emoticons.

#33 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,789 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

that sort of thing is SOP for the old "found-footage" video promo.

really? :twitchsmile:
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#34 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:09 PM

I don't understand why this "movie" is included in the "Absinthe in Art" section. Is there really nowhere else to put it? :devil:
www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#35 Maximiliano

Maximiliano

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

This is really, truly, incredibly bad... Quelle honte!
"He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals." -O.W

#36 SethP

SethP

• PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Oh, my f*****g God!

I would use up far too much bandwidth using the appropriate number of poop emoticons.

I agree!
Based on... whatever... this most probably lousy movie should've been cancelled early in pre-production. What is going to be the foundation for the next lousy horror flick? Chewing-gum that makes you go berserk?? The film maybe should've been named "Alcohol", being made at all... But of course; alcohol doesn't bear the totally unfair stigma of Absinthe.

Top five brands so far:

Libertine 72 - for the low price and because it can be diluted really well | Jade (PF) 1901 - this is a winner but also quite an expensive brand (can also be well diluted though) | Duplais Balance - very tasty indeed and for quite a time my favourite | Mansinthe - which I find a little bit more "spicy" than others, but with no downsides | Valkyria - perhaps a tad too much star anise, but.. because I'm Swedish ;-)

#37 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

Now on Wikipedia.

In the Reception paragraph, note:

Many absinthe connoisseurs and experts have criticized the film, commenting that it depicts the drink in a negative light and some even believe it "could prove worrisome to the absinthe industry, even with it being a small scale production." One critic exclaimed that the filmmakers "could have swapped out all the booze with meth and it would have been closer to reality." Quotes from Brian and baubel in this thread.

Of course any Wikipedians here could participate in the discussion on Wikipedia about deleting the article.
www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#38 crow

crow

There's a fly in my potatoes.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

shades of Reefer Madness :thumbdown:
"Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!" ("A life lived in fear is a life half lived.") --Frangipani della Squeegeemop

#39 greenbird

greenbird

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

I think you all are missing the point. This is one of those special straight to video movies, which will get as much press as your average book review on C-Span-2 at 4 am.

You should celebrate instead. Host an absinthe the movie themed party with absinthe and loaded weapons. That would be much more entertaining, and a better use of your time.
Some tastes grow from desire, some from disrepute and some still from boredom, ad infinitum.

#40 Maredudd

Maredudd

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

I think you all are missing the point. This is one of those special straight to video movies, which will get as much press as your average book review on C-Span-2 at 4 am.

And if this indeed proves to be true than it will certainly be removed from Wikipedia.
- The question isn't if you CAN do it . . .
- The question is should you . . .

#41 greenbird

greenbird

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

...or else who will know the true intent of "Absinthe" the move and the artistic genius that it would hold untainted.
Some tastes grow from desire, some from disrepute and some still from boredom, ad infinitum.

#42 greenbird

greenbird

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Our future generation would go reared wrong to the grave with a notion of guns and drugs (*not so much drugs) (but guns and guns and guns) with a unreasonable, fearful notion of human kind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association