TheLoucheyMonster!

TAB interview, "Stars Fell on Alabama" cocktail

An interview with Ted Breaux Here

about Pre prohibition cocktails. Mentions one called "Stars Fell on Alabama"

• 1 1/2 ounces unaged corn whiskey (also known as white dog or white whiskey), such as Georgia Moon
  • Dash absinthe
  • Dash angostura bitters
  • Dash orange flower water
  • Dash Peychaud's bitters
  • Dash Simple Syrup
  • Ice

INSTRUCTIONS In a tumbler, combine all of the ingredients except the ice. Add a couple of ice cubes and stir briefly. Serve.

recipe was found here

...Ted Breaux is one of the men responsible for bringing absinthe back to the U.S. market. He distills his Lucid Absinthe in France and will release three new products this fall through Viridian Spirits.

:thumbup: :cheers: :yahoo:

If Nouvelle Orleans is one of them, he must have tweaked the recipe a bit more than an iota to bring the thujone level down to virtually nil.

Not that I give a rat's arse, mind you. :rolleyes:

I was quoting her. But I can see that it would confuse a passer by.

I had plans on buying a jade (if the money gods allow) for the hollidays. Ted is a nice guy that makes nice booze, and I haven't bought any of it.

Abs. If you had the rotovap stuff, maybe was extra tasty n extra free of heavy compounds. For all the chatter about old ways, the lower the distilling temp, should lead to less cooking of heavy compounds like the one that tastes bad n thujone. Also less of a cooked veggie taste.

Yup, the rotovap stuff was quite remarkable in both flavor and purity.

Back in 2004, when the distiller's proofs were released, I was almost sad that I been lucky enough to indulge in not just samples, but bottles of the protos, onacuz the DPs seemed very musty by comparison.

Now you know why cooling the wort is essential to tasty beer. Same thing, avoiding the cooked veggie flavor.

Maybe an enterprising soul will figure out how to add artificial vacum to old type stills other than huge chilly condensers. (and no angry emails about 'creating a vacuum').

I can think of two local bars off the top of my head that have had NO for the past year or so...which has been nice.

As a note to a few people discussing the Jades recently, I'd highly recommend buying them all at once...you get a HUGE price break from getting the full set (at absinthes.com anyway.)

Having never ordered it, that slipped my mind.

Still think it must've been tweaked more than an iota, though.

Oh yeah? Well I bet my tarragon chicken salad has more thujonez than either version of NO, since the tarragon- artemisia dracunculus- aint cured or alcohol distilled like that silly absinthe stuff. And of course higher thujone content means the salad is more authentic.