TheLoucheyMonster!

Marilyn Manson....

Marilyn Manson went on an absinthe binge and tried to hijack a limousine on Saturday night (29.10.11).

The shock rocker was in Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween weekend, and after "numerous shots" of the strong alcoholic drink at The Bank nightclub he insisted on heading to a karaoke bar at 4am, where he sang Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' six times.

A source at the Born and Raised bar - where Marilyn and on/off girlfriend Lindsay Usich were partying - told the New York Post newspaper: "More shots followed, some shotgunned beers, before Marilyn got on the mike and sang The Doors 'Texas Radio' and a pretty-good version of Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River', which he sang six times.

"He was insisting on Timberlake music, so somebody had to download it on their iPod."

Another source added: "It was a Halloween party, but nobody could believe Manson was there. It was wild."

The bar's sound system started running into problems, however, causing the 'This is Halloween' singer to decide to head back to the American gambling capital's main strip, although he ran into problems when there was no car waiting for him.

A source said: "Marilyn was not happy. He seemed aggravated and wanted to head back to 'The Strip'. Then he got more annoyed when there was no car waiting for him outside."

Spotting an awaiting driver, the rocker approached him, with the source adding: "While the driver was making a call, Marilyn jumped into the driver's seat - but the driver grabbed him and literally dragged him out of the car."

Marilyn was said to playfully wave what appeared to be a knife around while waiting for his own limo to arrive, before jumping in and speeding off, telling onlookers: "I am sorry I went nuts, but I'm a rock star!"

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-.../133143778.html

Don't believe everything you read! I'm sure he went nuts and got shit faced, but just because someone wrote he did lots of shots, doesn't mean he did... Whenever I've seen photos of him with absinthe in last couple years, it was always louched. Rock stars can't blow their nose without bullshit being written about it, often in unfair, inaccurate ways, and with dramatized details. But however, sometimes they do just what folks say.

I'll never forget the time a guy with a string gold and platinum records called me on a Sunday at 10 AM with an emergency, asking if he could run right over with his guitar. I said "sure." At midnight, the sound of screaching/grinding metal in front of my house wakes me up...the bell rings. There he is, midnight,

car nearly totaled, drunk out of his mind. He says "sorry I'm late." He had been in an accident probably 70 miles away in NJ, and drove the whole way at about 5-10 miles per hour, drinking...never getting stopped by the cops. I threw him out, and never saw him again.

I heard the story was bogus. Will have to dig more.

I barely know who this person is, but I read a similar report somewhere. But it ended saying the story was bogus.

Nope, story is true. Huffpost seems to describe him as a has been who still thinks he is popular, they mention shots, in a good bit of reporting, didnt sensationalize by saying it was absinthe.

I read it in NY Post first, but I guessed the huffpost was more read here.

I usually read neither, but they came up from google search.

I read everything including both of them. They are no better or worse than any other political publication. Depending on your position, they are either the devil's advocate or preachin' to the choir. I like "No Politics" here.

He already did a "best of", and has come out with a few relatively uninspired albums since. His wealth and fame have made him soft. If I had any influence on him I'd tell him to paint more. I actually really like his paintings.

He knows his absinthe for sure, his Mansinthe custom made by Oliver Matter attests to at least knowing the difference between real and fake. Not the best in the world but he could've made a cheap fauxsinthe and really cashed in on stupid trends if he wanted to.

The articles are probably drumming things up to be more edgy than they really were, as usual. However, I should shut up as my birthday is coming up and I might be successful enough to drive away in a hijacked limo. I don't think I'll sing any JT though.

I saw that before. Thought it was rubbish and the music is boring.

And this is from a big fan up through Holy Wood.

Doing a shot for shot remake of The Holy Mountain's opening sequence at the beginning of the video isn't interesting, creative, or even a suitable homage. Since it was directed by Shia Labeouf, I wasn't really expecting much anyway. Maybe I'm missing the point, though I don't feel like it's much of a loss if I am.

There was a funny Onion article a long time ago which reported that Manson had been reduced to going door-to-door to try and shock people, and not having much luck with it.

Edit: Here it is

Shit, that was back in 2001, and he's even less relevant now.

There was a funny Onion article

"Welcome to our nightmare, you bloated, pustulent pigs.'"

Ha!, I'm pretty sure that was also on a label of Czechsinth I drank once!

Edited by ignis

I saw that before. Thought it was rubbish and the music is boring.

And this is from a big fan up through Holy Wood.

Same here.

Doing a shot for shot remake of The Holy Mountain's opening sequence at the beginning of the video isn't interesting, creative, or even a suitable homage.

He's been a big fan of Jodorowsky for years.

There was a funny Onion article a long time ago which reported that Manson had been reduced to going door-to-door to try and shock people, and not having much luck with it.

Edit: Here it is

Shit, that was back in 2001, and he's even less relevant now.

Exactly, he created an atmosphere that has allowed for shock pop to be boring. Lady Gaga, Nicky Minaj, etc. etc. all owe a lot to him. It's not surprising that shock rockers before him were angry at his fame; he made them very mainstream, even normal.

"Rock star gets drunk." I don't get why this is considered a news story.

Yeah it is kinda boring.

...It's not surprising that shock rockers before him were angry at his fame; he made them very mainstream, even normal.

I heard that Blister In The Sun did the same for punk. So popular, punk went mainstream, and therefore ceased to exit.

He's had a bad habit for about a decade of promising each new album would be death metal in style, which everyone knows it won't remotely be. He could say his material is country music and it would be as accurate, or perhaps moreso. But I guess he thinks the term death metal is still scary to people.

That Born Villain vid is depressing...he's reaching awkwardly for something...it's clumsy, cliche, and void of the power and vision of his early work. Tatan is right...he needs to be painting.

"Rock star gets drunk." I don't get why this is considered a news story.

This is typical to what we in Sweden call News Drought. They've got to write about something.

Many (?) years ago I kind'a respected MM's work (around Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals) but my interest have declined steadily since.