• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Marilyn Manson went on an absinthe binge and tried to hijack a limousine on Saturday night (29.10.11).

The shock rocker was in Las Vegas to celebrate Halloween weekend, and after "numerous shots" of the strong alcoholic drink at The Bank nightclub he insisted on heading to a karaoke bar at 4am, where he sang Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River' six times.

A source at the Born and Raised bar - where Marilyn and on/off girlfriend Lindsay Usich were partying - told the New York Post newspaper: "More shots followed, some shotgunned beers, before Marilyn got on the mike and sang The Doors 'Texas Radio' and a pretty-good version of Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River', which he sang six times.

"He was insisting on Timberlake music, so somebody had to download it on their iPod."

Another source added: "It was a Halloween party, but nobody could believe Manson was there. It was wild."

The bar's sound system started running into problems, however, causing the 'This is Halloween' singer to decide to head back to the American gambling capital's main strip, although he ran into problems when there was no car waiting for him.

A source said: "Marilyn was not happy. He seemed aggravated and wanted to head back to 'The Strip'. Then he got more annoyed when there was no car waiting for him outside."

Spotting an awaiting driver, the rocker approached him, with the source adding: "While the driver was making a call, Marilyn jumped into the driver's seat - but the driver grabbed him and literally dragged him out of the car."

Marilyn was said to playfully wave what appeared to be a knife around while waiting for his own limo to arrive, before jumping in and speeding off, telling onlookers: "I am sorry I went nuts, but I'm a rock star!"

http://www.winnipegf.../133143778.html

#2 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

No need to quote the entire article and then hyperlink it. ;)

edit: FWIW the article was good for a laugh.
I am the wood nymph.

#3 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,307 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Don't believe everything you read! I'm sure he went nuts and got shit faced, but just because someone wrote he did lots of shots, doesn't mean he did... Whenever I've seen photos of him with absinthe in last couple years, it was always louched. Rock stars can't blow their nose without bullshit being written about it, often in unfair, inaccurate ways, and with dramatized details. But however, sometimes they do just what folks say.

I'll never forget the time a guy with a string gold and platinum records called me on a Sunday at 10 AM with an emergency, asking if he could run right over with his guitar. I said "sure." At midnight, the sound of screaching/grinding metal in front of my house wakes me up...the bell rings. There he is, midnight,
car nearly totaled, drunk out of his mind. He says "sorry I'm late." He had been in an accident probably 70 miles away in NJ, and drove the whole way at about 5-10 miles per hour, drinking...never getting stopped by the cops. I threw him out, and never saw him again.

#4 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

I heard the story was bogus. Will have to dig more.
I barely know who this person is, but I read a similar report somewhere. But it ended saying the story was bogus.

#5 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Nope, story is true. Huffpost seems to describe him as a has been who still thinks he is popular, they mention shots, in a good bit of reporting, didnt sensationalize by saying it was absinthe.

#6 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,666 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

Not that I'm a MM fan, in particular, butt fuck Huff(bicycleseats)post. :poop:

Edited by Absomphe, 05 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#7 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I read it in NY Post first, but I guessed the huffpost was more read here.

I usually read neither, but they came up from google search.

#8 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

The story is viral already, everyone is picking it up.

It could well be that MM's own publicity macshine is helping it along. Just enough to keep up a bad-boy image, and nothing terribly scandalous.

#9 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Bad bitch, maybe. :)

#10 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,181 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

And to think I read this thread. <yawn>
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#11 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,666 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

More power to you, Bill. :cheers:

I confess, I just skimmed. B)

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#12 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

I read it in NY Post first, but I guessed the huffpost was more read here.
I usually read neither, but they came up from google search.

I read everything including both of them. They are no better or worse than any other political publication. Depending on your position, they are either the devil's advocate or preachin' to the choir. I like "No Politics" here.

#13 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Stop the publicity stunts and make more music you bastard. Or at least paint more.

And he was a rockstar, past tense.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#14 pierreverte

pierreverte

Liquoristorian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Edited by pierreverte, 06 November 2011 - 09:42 AM.

Absinthe is always greener in the other glass.™

#15 m.a.mccullough

m.a.mccullough

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Manson is a great and intelligent guy. Hey sips his absinthe correctly diluted like the rest of us and loves it for what it is not for what people have hyped it up to be.
Absinthe Veritas, Distiller Probitas. These are the things we fight for.

#16 ignis

ignis

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Must be a new single coming out eh? or maybe a 'best of'
"I just want silence. Jesus, it doesn't mean I don't like you. It just means right now, I like silence more."

#17 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

He already did a "best of", and has come out with a few relatively uninspired albums since. His wealth and fame have made him soft. If I had any influence on him I'd tell him to paint more. I actually really like his paintings.

He knows his absinthe for sure, his Mansinthe custom made by Oliver Matter attests to at least knowing the difference between real and fake. Not the best in the world but he could've made a cheap fauxsinthe and really cashed in on stupid trends if he wanted to.

The articles are probably drumming things up to be more edgy than they really were, as usual. However, I should shut up as my birthday is coming up and I might be successful enough to drive away in a hijacked limo. I don't think I'll sing any JT though.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#18 Pierre

Pierre

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

He recently put out a teaser (or something, I am not sure) for his new album. It includes music from the song "Born Villain". Here is a link

http://www.youtube.c...kipcontrinter=1

Warning: There are some naughty bits and weird images so if you don't want to yadda yadda...

#19 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

I saw that before. Thought it was rubbish and the music is boring.

And this is from a big fan up through Holy Wood.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#20 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Doing a shot for shot remake of The Holy Mountain's opening sequence at the beginning of the video isn't interesting, creative, or even a suitable homage. Since it was directed by Shia Labeouf, I wasn't really expecting much anyway. Maybe I'm missing the point, though I don't feel like it's much of a loss if I am.
"The decline of the aperitif may well be one of the most depressing phenomena of our time." -- Luis Bunuel

#21 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

There was a funny Onion article a long time ago which reported that Manson had been reduced to going door-to-door to try and shock people, and not having much luck with it.

Edit: Here it is

Shit, that was back in 2001, and he's even less relevant now.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#22 Alan Moss

Alan Moss

absinthe-suisse.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

"Rock star gets drunk." I don't get why this is considered a news story.
www.laclandestine.com: Hand-crafted in the birthplace of absinthe.

#23 ignis

ignis

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

There was a funny Onion article

"Welcome to our nightmare, you bloated, pustulent pigs.'"

Ha!, I'm pretty sure that was also on a label of Czechsinth I drank once!

Edited by ignis, 07 November 2011 - 02:09 AM.

"I just want silence. Jesus, it doesn't mean I don't like you. It just means right now, I like silence more."

#24 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

This dude trying to fuse Marilyn Monroe and Roger Waters?

#25 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

I saw that before. Thought it was rubbish and the music is boring.

And this is from a big fan up through Holy Wood.

Same here.

Doing a shot for shot remake of The Holy Mountain's opening sequence at the beginning of the video isn't interesting, creative, or even a suitable homage.

He's been a big fan of Jodorowsky for years.

There was a funny Onion article a long time ago which reported that Manson had been reduced to going door-to-door to try and shock people, and not having much luck with it.

Edit: Here it is

Shit, that was back in 2001, and he's even less relevant now.

Exactly, he created an atmosphere that has allowed for shock pop to be boring. Lady Gaga, Nicky Minaj, etc. etc. all owe a lot to him. It's not surprising that shock rockers before him were angry at his fame; he made them very mainstream, even normal.

Yeah it is kinda boring.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#26 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

...It's not surprising that shock rockers before him were angry at his fame; he made them very mainstream, even normal.

I heard that Blister In The Sun did the same for punk. So popular, punk went mainstream, and therefore ceased to exit.

#27 peridot

peridot

Floccinaucinihilipilificator Extraordinaire

• Content Team
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

He's had a bad habit for about a decade of promising each new album would be death metal in style, which everyone knows it won't remotely be. He could say his material is country music and it would be as accurate, or perhaps moreso. But I guess he thinks the term death metal is still scary to people.

Throng of Shoggoths: Lovecraftian Sludge

Pudwich: 90's style hard rock

My stupid facebutt page.

#28 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

He's been a big fan of Jodorowsky for years.

I know; I just wish he would have been inspired by it rather than making a copy.
"The decline of the aperitif may well be one of the most depressing phenomena of our time." -- Luis Bunuel

#29 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,307 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

That Born Villain vid is depressing...he's reaching awkwardly for something...it's clumsy, cliche, and void of the power and vision of his early work. Tatan is right...he needs to be painting.

#30 SethP

SethP

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

This is typical to what we in Sweden call News Drought. They've got to write about something.

Many (?) years ago I kind'a respected MM's work (around Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals) but my interest have declined steadily since.

Top five brands so far:
Jade (PF) 1901 - this is a winner but also quite an expensive brand (It can be well diluted though) | Grön Opal - Swedens most excellent and newest absinthe | Libertine 72 - for the low price and because it can also be diluted really wellDuplais Balance - very tasty indeed and for quite some time my favourite | Mansinthe - which I find a little bit more "spicy" than others, but with no downsides

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association