Sign in to follow this  
Maximiliano

La Fée Verte in Paris...

Hello everyone,

Earlier this month I celebrated my birthday at "La Fée Verte," a very nice Absinthe bar/restaurant located in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. I took a few pictures and thought that some of you might enjoy seeing what it looks like. The service there was great as was the brand selection (The supplier is also the owner of Vert d'Absinthe). At the end of the night when the servers found out it was my birthday they offered me any drink on the house. While champagne was suggested I decided on a delicious glass of Edouard instead :cheers: ... All in all a fun night at a great place.

DSC_0114.jpg

298983_10150848498710368_680415367_21111796_383901425_n.jpg

318360_10150848500675368_680415367_21111819_1879997331_n.jpg

319130_10150848502410368_680415367_21111826_510447343_n.jpg

Regards,

Max

PS- Unfortunately we didn't think to take pictures of the interior, sorry... =(

It warms the heart. Thanks for sharing! Can we open a world-wide chain?

My thoughts exactly! I also wanted to thank Clément who brought this place to my attention. He's definitely the go-to guy when it comes to the in's and out's of Absinthe in (But definitely not limited to) Paris. :thumbup:

Did you notice the 4 spigots Fountain made by Pernod ? Too bad they do not sell it, they only feed the bars with this. They also made a see saw dripper. Seems they are more lucky making accessories than making... "absinthe".

Edited by Heure Verte

Along those lines, Miguel, I was reading an article yesterday about Steve Jobs' mentorship of Zuckerberg and Facebook, and in the course of that article it also talked about how Steve also mentored the Google fellas. He told them, to pick their core functions, and be the best at them. Basically, stick to what you're good at. It's good advice.

Heure Verte,

Yeah, I thought the fountain was pretty interesting. From what I saw they had only two at the bar that time (I'm not 100% sure, but I think the other one was a frenchman model). In either case I was mostly focusing on the fact that I had the opportunity to order *good* absinthe at a bar. I wish there were more places like that around :cheers:

Edited by Maximiliano

I loved that place. It was an interesting experience to order absinthe at bars where the bartenders actually enjoyed it. The places in L.A. that I've been to that serve even the good absinthe always have bartenders that say, "Yeah, I can't stand that stuff." At La Fee Verte and Cantada, the bartenders were very knowledgeable and had a genuine enthusiasm and passion for absinthe.