Morgan

Virgin checking in

I have my first bottle, Edouard 72, on order. Should be here this week or the beginning of next. Spoons - check. Fountain - ordered. I'm quite excited.

Any advice for a virgin who's going to be figuring it out all on his own?

You know, I'm NOT a message board virgin. I'm looking at all the toher boards, and frankly, I don't know WHICH board this would belong on. But since y'all seem to enjoy making fun of my choice rather than making a good suggestion as to where it belongs, I refuse to feel bad about it. And thanks for the terrific advice on absinthe.

I didnt' choose to use the "intro" sub because I wasn't really intro'ing myself, but I was asking general absinthe questions (IE, asking for advice) which THIS sub seems to be for.

Believe it or not, this board is the most easy-going of the absinthe boards. There's always a little bit of hazing, but it doesn't mean you're not welcome here :cheers:

You know, I'm NOT a message board virgin.  I'm looking at all the toher boards, and frankly, I don't know WHICH board this would belong on.
The Newcomer Introductions forum.
But since y'all seem to enjoy making fun of my choice.
No one is making fun of your choice. celticgent made a humorous and off-color reply to your "virgin" reference; TheGreenOne replied to that by almost saying "this is not The Lounge" :pit: referring to louchedlounge.com, where a much darker shade of coarse language, vulgar suggestion and newbie hazing is the norm. It's also a lot of fun. We've have different standards of conduct here—not better—just different.
I didnt' choose to use the "intro" sub because I wasn't really intro'ing myself...

That's okay. I'll move it there now. And my advice is to follow ceegee's advice: relaaaaaax.

Welcome! :cheers:

Since I wasn't making an intro, I didn't figure it belonged here, but hey, I'm cool with it. Luscious Oily Lesbians!

And since it IS here now, what the heck, intro time.

I live in Dallas, TX, and have had a lifelong love of anise and black licorice, so my attraction (and hopeful infaturation) to Absinthe is natural. Not much to tell about myself that's really germane to absinthe, but I'm an avid medievalist, history buff (another attraction to absinthe) and professionally I'm a business analyst as well as a licensed life/health insurance agent and a mortgage loan officer.

I've perhaps been on too many "shred 'em and leave 'em" message boards, so if the intent wasn't to ridicule, I apologize.

Welcome.

You've ordered what the majority considers the best, commercially available absinthe and found one of the best online resources for information on the subject, so I guess you can't go too wrong.

If you go camping with CG, it's at your own risk.

:cheers: Welcome, My first bottle ever, was Jades N. O. and what a sample it was, lip smacking good. I now anticipate Blanche Traditionale "Brut d'alambic" for making pastis and the celebrated Absinthe Edouard 72 along with the impecable François Guy

to be stuffed into my stocking over the mantle.

At one time I lived in Austin installing security systems and went to a Medieval Festival, It was a wonderful experience.

Don't let these guys intimidate you, they are in fact kitty kats in Fairy clothing that like to blow green smoke rings alot. Just Kidding, this is the place to find the answers about Absinthe. This is also a good place to have fun.

Aloha, Morgan.

Believe me, this is a very civilized place.

Last week I made an ungentlemanly comment about a well known absinthe vendor and was admonished politely.

Boy did I learn my lesson.

Aloha, Morgan.

Believe me, this is a very civilized place.

Last week I made an ungentlemanly comment about a well known absinthe vendor and was admonished politely.

Boy did I learn my lesson.

Good thing, or someone would be forced to admonish you politely once again. :drunk:

Absinthe Forums 101, lesson 2:

Quoting the post directly above yours is generally considered unnecessary, as your comment automatically follows anyway. Exceptions can be made when following a particularly long post where you only what to address a specific brief part of it and then only that part should be quoted. Remember when editing a quoted message to leave the [ quote ] and [/ quote ] tags in place, otherwise the code goes all wonky.