Absinthebride

Greetings from somewhere in the middle of middle America

Hello everyone,

My name is Tracy. I am relatively new to absinthe. I have been experimenting for a year and a half. My fiance got me interested in it when we started dating. I haven't done a whole lot of research as he already had and filled me in on what he knew. I have learned by lurking here that there is so much more to learn!

After getting engaged I knew that I wanted to have an art nouveau, vintage feel to my wedding. However, I wanted something that was very much unique to my fiance and I. Thus I decided (much to his excitement) that we would have an absinthe wedding. I hope to get some great suggestions from people on this board whilst learning a lot about this wonderful little pastime we all enjoy.

Hello Tracy, welcome to the Forum! :cheers:

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! :groupwave reversed: :b-day: :clap: :cheers:

Plenty of artists here (not me) that can help out.

Welcome Tracy !!! What an exciting concept !! An Absinte wedding !! I imagine you will be using shades of green, with maybe Artemisia looking florals in the bouquets. There are so many possibilities !! Keep us all posted on how the plans are coming along. Perhaps you could use music from the Absinthe era, as well. Congratulations and much happiness !!

Howdy and congratulations! Absinthe at a wedding seems only natural, I had some at the last two I went to.

If I have my way, absinthe will be the only alcoholic beverage at my wedding, (and even then I would only want it to be one brand in particular) but I'll probably have to compromise and let some cheap wine make an appearance.

But why would you want KoS at your wedding. :)

I think a belle époque themed wedding would be nice, but good beer and whisky should be there as well.

Artemisia florals in the bouquets.

Someone is going to sneeze.

I'd recommend leaving the grand and petite wormwoods and genepi out of the bridal arrangements. Close contact make some people a tad itchy and sniffily. Costmary and lemon balm would smell divine and are calming and refreshing scents. Always a good thing at a wedding.

Welcome :cheers: