crow

Need help on a choice

It was my birthday the other day and my husband gave me a nice fat budget to buy myself several bottles of absinthe. I've already ordered a Jade and a Duplais. Going to NYC next weekend and I plan to buy St George (yes, I like it), both Delaware Phoenix varities, and I need to choose between Vieux Carre and Pacifique. I've never tried either, and there is a chance I can afford both (although my suitcase might break), but which do you think a noob should try first?

Edited by crow

I would have said Pac over VC, since VC does have a notable and unusual mintiness, except that you mentioned liking St. George. If you enjoy more "unorthodox" absinthes such as that one, then you might actually like the VC better. It's a toss-up really, and if money is a factor, you can let that be your guiding star this time, and then buy the other one later.

Thanks, Pacifique it is! I'll put the VC on my Christmas wish list.

I'd skip the ST. George, and buy both VC and Pacifique, since you've had the St. George already...it's about exploring right? You might find you like both even more than the St. George! (I have a hunch it's a strong possibility).

I'd skip the ST. George

Before I buy, I plan to do a bit of absinthe bar-hopping (I :heart: NY!) so I can try a few brands first. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try both Pacifique and VC before I make my purchases.

I'm very close to the city, BTW, and have many to sample if you'd like to visit!

Thank you! That is a VERY kind offer and I just might take you up on it one day. I typically only stay for the weekend to visit with my daughter, so not much time to spare... but I plan to quit my job in the spring so I'll have much more time to party! :twitchsmile: