Sign in to follow this  
TheGreenOne

Société International d'Absinthe

What is the Société International d'Absinthe and why does Ted's link for the Société go to Markus' website? Since Markus enjoys use of the WS logo, one could get the impression that Ted started the Wormwood Society.

The Absinthe Syndicate™ apparently consists of anyone who decides that they enjoy absinthe enough to try to make a livelihood from it.

Maybe the Syndicate™ is running "the Société International d'Absinthe (www.lafeeverte.org), which is a rapidly growing worldwide organization that caters to absinthe connoisseurs, providing them with educational facts and insight pursuant to resolving the mysteries and myths associated with absinthe."

The idea does vaguely ring a bell, although I'm unsure where or who the rapidly growing worldwide membership consists of.

As to the original question: Ted let the domain registration lapse and Markus picked it up—I was tempted, but I let it go.

The similarity between the names Wormwood Society and Société International d'Absinthe is entirely coincidental. I was unaware of Ted's deal until long after I founded WS, in January 2004. I don't know if he came up with it before or after that.

The WS logo is on Markus's site because he asked me quite some time ago if he could use it as a "recommended by..." sort of thing. I said sure, so long as it's clear that there is no sponsorship or commercial affiliation implied.

The Absinthe Syndicate™ apparently consists of anyone who decides that they enjoy absinthe enough to try to make a livelihood from it.

Holy guacamole, Batman...so when I decided to peddle my home-macerated swill back in 1976, and a few disco devotees actually "swallowed my absinth line", and bought my shit, I was actually a part of the Absinthe Syndicate, before its time????? :laf:

I don't know if he came up with it before or after that. 

To my knowledge this was something set up a long time ago. I know the lafeeverte.org site with the Societe....emblem on it was up at least two years ago. Probably more.