Sign in to follow this  
Petr_Kropotkin

I love Cubans !

Sure, keep rubbin' it in.

Damn Canadi..........

Oh, nevermind.

Something has to compensate you for your lack of good absinthe. :laugh: ;)

Don't get me wrong, Cubans are certainly good. But I think they've become overrated, especially in the face of so many amazing non-cuban brans that have popped up in the past 10 years or so.

I've got quite a few boxes of different Cuban brands in my humidor right now, but I never seem to turn to them any more when I'm in the mood for a stogie.

Damn Canadi..........

Oh, nevermind.

Hey Abs, come check out the humidor, and I will show you our cognac collection, too! :cheers:

Thanks, Bob, that sounds mighty tempting.

Except for the part about having to leave our country state county town apartment complex, I mean. :laugh: :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

Damn Canadi..........

Oh, nevermind.

I am following the advice of people here on what absinth to get :twitchsmile:

I am particular impressed with Opus X ,but they are far over priced.

I also like Aurturo Fuente Hemmingway shorts or others of a similar ilk.

Edited by Petr_Kropotkin

But I think they've become overrated, especially in the face of so many amazing non-cuban brans that have popped up in the past 10 years or so.

Definitely not overrated, but absolutely facing much better competition as you noticed! I think Davidoff is good stuff. But I'll always choose Cohiba if it's an option.

Based on the few Cuban's I've tried (Cohiba, a couple different Romeo y Julieta), I agree with Brian. None have compared to some of the non-Cubans I've gotten over the years: Avo, CAO, Griffin, Diamond Crown, Ghurka ...

Based on the few Cuban's I've tried (Cohiba, a couple different Romeo y Julieta), I agree with Brian. None have compared to some of the non-Cubans I've gotten over the years: Avo, CAO, Griffin, Diamond Crown, Ghurka ...

I'm a bit partial to the Romeo y Julieta, they were my first cigars when I was 16 somewhere in the bahamas.

I have a boat load of Ghurkas in my humidor that have been aging for the last 4 years and are starting to hit a sweet spot. Very spicy tobacco and the flow is great.

My favorites though have been the Brazillian CAOs with the damn near black wrappers and Victor Sinclairs. Back when they were actually a buck (have to love taxes) 1876 Reserve toros were a great day to day smoke.

I don't get to smoke cigars as often as I use to, but I just bought my friend a box of Man O' War that I'll probably get to try out too.

I have tried a few cubans and they are tasty but I think a good Dominican cigar can stand up to them! I have tried severl cubans and I would agree they have stiff competition these days!

I do like the cuban Punch's better that is probably my personal favorite but give me a good RP and I m a happy camper

I completely agree. I've have DRs and Mexicans that were beautiful, and I've had a few Cubans that were fairly bad. I used to get these amazing DR petit corona Montecristos several years back, but they stopped showing up at my regular guys. They were one of the most reliably good smokes I've had.

I remember not being so impressed with Cubans and really liking a couple Dominicans I tried.I also bought a couple fresh hand rolled stogies from these Dominican guys at the Arthur Ave Market in the Bronx two or three years back.They were really nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSMnqwdEmd4

Edited by redwun