Sign in to follow this  
Garrett

Leopold Bros

Thanks, checking out Binny's, looks like they just have a 375 ml bottle. I hate ordering just one thing... they do have Duplais V though.

Always nice when you can bundle together with something. Glad to help, Crow :cheers:

@ Billnchristy was that question for me?

I can get just about everything US approved off the self, notable exceptions are no Delaware Phoenix, and Ridge has to be pre ordered at K&L.

Edited by TheLoucheyMonster!

The Leopold ""Apple-Sazzle":

Make a sazerac with Leopold's New York Apple Whiskey!

or play with a combination of the apple whiskey and rye. (suggest 3/4 apple to 1/4 rye)

Peychauds compliments perfectly, and really brings out the apple. A very light touch, drop, of Angostura with the Peychauds is how I liked it. Usual lemon strip.

Yum! :twitchsmile:

Going to DC next week, where I hear Leopold's is readily available. Can't wait to try it.

We're about to be on our 4th bottle.

Also have chosen Leopold as the absinthe to introduce my parents to it. We figured we would buy them a bottle and if they didn't like it we would take it home.

:thumbup:

We're just about to begin distribution in Tennessee any day now. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the interest, folks.

I just alerted my local inebriation outlet to keep me updated if they hear anything

Edited by Songcatcher

Been about 15 batches since my last bottle of Leopold. Pickup up a bottle of batch #61 yesterday and the coloring is darker than I remember. Prepared a glass and the flavor seems a bit more pronounced (masculine) as well. I've always adored Leopold Verte but goodness - this is good. I understand that a small batch absinthe like this may vary from batch to batch - but perhaps something been tweaked in the overall recipe/process? Whatever happened... #61 is a really nice number :)

Maybe they don't carry it anymore because it isn't listed on their online store. Looks like totalbeverages will ship to NY.

Edited by greytail

Been about 15 batches since my last bottle of Leopold. Pickup up a bottle of batch #61 yesterday and the coloring is darker than I remember. Prepared a glass and the flavor seems a bit more pronounced (masculine) as well. I've always adored Leopold Verte but goodness - this is good. I understand that a small batch absinthe like this may vary from batch to batch - but perhaps something been tweaked in the overall recipe/process? Whatever happened... #61 is a really nice number :)

It's a new harvest of the greenest, highest quality Hyssop I've ever seen that led to that greener final color..... Glad you enjoyed it.

K&L picks up the odd bottle of Absinthe here and there. Those cats would be happy to get you a bottle. All you need to do is call ahead and give them a few days to receive the order.

Happy Father's Day to you pap pies out there!

Got some Leopolds. Batch is 61.

Seems the base profile is subdued a tad in this one. At 4.5:1 I seem to recall tasting the pisco base a bit more in the sample of batch 54 or so. This one has more of the Anise/fennel at that ratio which hides that base a bit more. Still detectable. Not quite as fruity as the 54. Still quite a great absinte. Good job guys.

Edited by greytail

Sorry. I hate triple posting. Wish I could still edit my previous reply.

I just had another glass. This time, allowing the louched absinthe to rest a bit in the glass. A few minutes. I was told by one wise in the ways of the force that this can often represent a very close way the absinthe will age.

4:1 I get the base more now. Definitely pick up that Hyssop and Aa. Fennel/anise more in the back now.

I think this will indeed get better before I pour my last drop, but it is very nice now too. This is a nice everyday drinking absinthe. Very glad I purchased. It will definitely mellow as it did in the glass over the course of time I took to savor and finish it.