Sign in to follow this  
Garrett

Leopold Bros

I've been going CRAZY over blackberries this year for some reason. It seems to be the popular fruit in our local cocktail joints as well. :thumbup:

I want to be tryin' some of that maraschino.

+1 big time.

I've been going CRAZY over blackberries this year for some reason. It seems to be the popular fruit in our local cocktail joints as well. :thumbup:

If you haven't tried a Bramble, I'm betting you'll enjoy one. Using a good creme de mure is essential. If you have some of that tasty Rocky Mountain Blackberry Liqueur, you're in good shape.

Or the Cherry

Or the Blackberry

Or the Three Pins

Or what-ever-the-hell-else-I-have! :shock:

Oh, the humanity!

Sounds like a good excuse to put together a Summer-ending punch, and invite some folks over.

BTW, drop those in the fridge after you open them, and they'll last about a year with very little degradation.

Good to hear you're busy, Joe!

Does anyone know if any stores outside of out west ship Leopold's?

I'm running dry in another glass or two. It's one of the best American absinthes, and I want to continue to support them. Thanks in advance.

Try Hi-Time Wine Cellars.

I've never ordered from them before but they have a pretty good selection and they do sell Leopold's.

I was looking for a vendor where I could get ALL my favorites or wish list items at one spot, but they don't sell the Ridges, the DPs or even Pacifique!

Oops, sorry! You said NOT out west, didn't you. This place is in CA.

Edited by crow

Screw the absinthe*, the Fernet Leopold is my new drink of choice. And I can't wait to try the Naval Strength gin! Started experimenting with the Maraschino and the Orange liqueur this weekend too. Both are fantastic!

* not really, I still by a ton of it, but you're really missing out on some top notch stuff if you don't try their other products.

You suck. I haven't been able to find the Fernet anywhere in Longmont or Fort Collins yet...and I'm IN Colorado. All the local stores keep saying that it's not quite available yet. :thumbdown:

Ambear, leave Brian's personal life out of this. ;)

And I can't wait to try the Naval Strength gin!
Totally agreed! The label is frickin' beautiful.

I want some but I hate to ask friends to go out of their way and get stuff for me. I've never heard of the Naval Gin and now I'm very interested.

That Leopold bunch are as nice a bunch as any I've met. Their love of the craft shows in every bottle.

I haven't found a good place that will ship to Oklabygawdhoma........yet.

You suck. I haven't been able to find the Fernet anywhere in Longmont or Fort Collins yet...and I'm IN Colorado. All the local stores keep saying that it's not quite available yet. :thumbdown:

It's been "available" since the beginning of December. Stores seem to choose their own narrative, as my fellow distillers and importers have surely noticed. You should be able to get it at Wilburs in FoCo.

Have you had the Gran Classico yet, Brian? Love that stuff. The packaging, the flavor profile, all of it. Figured you'd love that if you like my Fernet. Thanks for the praise on the Fernet label. That's my first crack at label design, as my brother does all the others. DIY.

Bill, we just released our Navy Strength Gin this week, so it's brand new. 57% abv, and distilled with an eye toward tall cocktails. Read: anything with juices, tonic, etc. that dilutes that high proof. Although it does make a Negroni that will buckle your knees for more than one reason.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited by leopold

Thank you Todd.........<sigh>maybe I can sell the Harley. *smiley wink*

I'll focus on it directly and I do tonic water and gin pretty well. And gin and ice. And perhaps a martini. Oh my goodness!

Precious would take a chainsaw after my raisins if I sold the harley to buy booze. *smile*

Have you had the Gran Classico yet, Brian?

Hell yes. They broke some out back at Tales in '09 I believe. I was first in line at Ace Bev when it finally became available! You guys all are doing gret justice to the cocktail renaissance. Cheers to you all. :cheers:

We'vee been checking Wilbur's every weekend and their managers are the ones telling us it's not out yet, but we haven't checked this weekend. Hopefully next weekend (after payday).

Bill, we just released our Navy Strength Gin this week, so it's brand new. 57% abv, and distilled with an eye toward tall cocktails. Read: anything with juices, tonic, etc. that dilutes that high proof. Although it does make a Negroni that will buckle your knees for more than one reason.

Happy New Year everyone!

Todd, I was eying your Navy Strength Gin just this week. I will have some in our collection as soon as able. Happy New Year backatcha!

Leopold has been our favorite absinthe thus far. We love the grape base.

Both of our bottles have been batch 41.

Have been trying to find the vodka but cannot around here, Christy likes her vodka but nobody has had it. I should be happy, I suppose, that the absinthe is here. If not it would be Kübler city.

Purchased our 3rd bottle this weekend.

Went with a 39 this time, the 41 was a bit darker and Christy expressed the desire for something milder...the last bottle of 41 was a bit harsh.

:cheers:

Went with a 39 this time, the 41 was a bit darker and Christy expressed the desire for something milder...the last bottle of 41 was a bit harsh.

Sounds interesting. I could quote Ambear in regards to it being available in your locale and not mine...but I won't. This time.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy Leopold Bros online?