MrGreenGenes

Fountain Making

We currently have 4 ceramic fountains and for different reasons, all are precious to us. The one on the Ridge blog was made in Seattle but you'd need to ask Gwydion for details. It is an extraordinary piece of work, weighing in about 600 pounds. I might be exaggerating on the weight.

I tried that site a while ago and they have what i was after but the price! oh man I thought they might be made of gold.

The Aftosa spigots work very well. Being the cheap Okie that I am, I sprayed a little silver paint on the thing and it looked fine. Sounds cheap but works wonderfully. I'd send pics but it's early and I gave the thing to some nice folks. A few folks have used the thing with no or very few complaints. ;)

A side note, I didn't use the big brass washers on any of the fountains I have built. I used a softer durometer o-ring for eye appeal. There is very little pressure on the thing and I've had more moisture from condensation drip to the table. You can always use aquarium sealant if you're concerned. It ain't rocket science or nuttin'. :cheers:

I've always had pretty good control with the aftosa spigots, ranging from one glass of absinthe per decade slow style drip to a faster flow if needed.

Well, I was scanning the Bed, Bath and Beyond site after seeing the two different people post about the spigot jar they had, and noticed that neither mentioned this, so I thought I should.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.as...amp;RN=545&

I suppose this is good for people who want a two spigot something or another but don't want to make it themselves, and it's cheaper than buying two of the other kind. Cheers! :cheers:

I came across these sigots last night. I was unaware that absinthe.de had spigots available for sale. They come in "gold" as well. I don't know how well they work, but thought I should point it out in case anyone is looking for spigots.

Those look like plastic...you can even see the plating coming off in the photos. This says "for glass fountains," I suspect as replacements for the plastics ones they come with.

(My first attempt using Flickr so if this image doesn't work let me know!)

Seeing as I am new, I am trying to keep a thin budget on my Absventure.... So here's my make-shift dripper!

Yes, this is an empty yogurt container with a hole poked in the bottom of it. Hey, it drips!

If I only put in enough water to give me the right ratio for my liking it is about 25 minutes (Luscious Oily Lesbians!)... But if I put more water than that, it would cause more pressure and drip faster causing it to fill quicker. But then I would need a way to 'plug the hole' as to not allow any more water to escape once my glass is filled.

3604427527_89d81d0d40.jpg?v=0

:cheers:

There are so many great ideas in here.

Amen to that. glad you dug that up, as I thought I was crazy by using a similar scheme. I use a smaller cup, with a hole along the bottom rim, that way it is spoon n sugar cube compatible.

With Pacifique (the very tasty booze in that photo), I'm lazy and just pour the cold water fast and with some height to it. then I let it sit while the mixture clouds up. The herb bits tend to collect at the top.

Should we let these guys in on how close they are to absinthe fountain making?

It'd be perfect for my fridge.

Nevermind, they do have a pricey absinthe fountain. But their vodka infusion jars do look a lot cheaper, and just as functional.

Edited by Miguel

Nah, I read Gwydion retired from day to day masonry, and just supervises. baubel is the man for ceramic fountains, but I do not know if he is a mason, although he might as well be.

Nope. However, the Masonic discussions here had me thinking about it. If I had more free time I'd seriously consider it.

There's a very tiny and very unlikely chance my grandfather knew my girlfriend's grandfather from a few Masonic meetings though.

Should we let these guys in on how close they are to absinthe fountain making?

It'd be perfect for my fridge.

Nevermind, they do have a pricey absinthe fountain. But their vodka infusion jars do look a lot cheaper, and just as functional.

For $38 as shipped the infusion jar is an awesome fountain. I just need to make a stand for it, but my bi level kitchen island did fine. They sell the spigots, so maybe I can experiment with the VC bottle when I finish the booze in it.

I'm very happy.

In my welcome introduction I stated I wanted to build a fountain. I found a vendor that sells absinthe fountains along with everything else. He sent me 5 spigots from returned absinthe fountains for the price of shipping $5.00. I guess people take them out of the box by the spigots and break them off. The spigots are in good shape and since I have a sculpture building my fountain out of glass the spigots will go directly in the glass so no problem with the attachment to the base being broken. Otherwise they function great. Pictures to come once I get the spigots to him (he lives in a different city).

After reading through this thread one starts to view things in the home with a new intention. I noticed this "thing" that had been on the counter for some time with absolutely no purpose. When I spotted it today a fountain immediately came to mind. Upon closer inspection there seems to be cracks throughout the glass. Would this happen to be some characteristic of the type of glass or just a useless vaselette?

post-3672-1323230665_thumb.jpg