Sign in to follow this  
pianoben

Greetings to Seattle

I'm delighted to have stumbled on to this site, having read the Wired article about Ted Breaux. I've been curious about absinthe for a while, and have order my first bottle of Jade's Edouard 72.

I hadn't known that there would be such an active, knowledgable community of absintheurs; apparently I've underestimated the gathering power of the Internet.

So, um... hello!

Cheers! :cheers:

Greetings PB :cheers:

I am guessing you play piano..There are several other musicians here like myself who love this drink. There's a lot of smart people to learn from here. Good first choice of purchase! BTW, I dig your sig.

Thanks for the warm welcome; the Edouard has yet to arrive, so I probably won't be making any other purchases soon. I'd like to try the Clandestine and the François Guy.

I do indeed play the piano (how'd you guess? :P ). It was French music (Satie's) that sparked my interest in absinthe to begin with, actually.

I completly analyzed "Sports et divertissements" by Satie for one of my music classes. When I started I thought it looked easy. :twitch:

Aloha!

I must admit that I'm a little envious of you piano players. How I wish I could just sit down at the piano and play Satie.

I started to learn once but was told that I was born with two left hands.

I must admit that I'm a little envious of you piano players. How I wish I could just sit down at the piano and play Satie.

Ravel wrote a piece for one left hand.

Ravel wrote a piece for one left hand.

If you are a beginner, there is actually a surprisingly large selection of music written just for one hand ( I assume for kids who have broken their arms and can't get out of piano lessons). My mom was a piano teacher so I learned lots of tricks

Paul Wittgenstein, pianist and brother of philosopher Ludwig, lost an arm in WWI. It was for him Ravel wrote his piece.

(Which of course was convenient for the reason mentioned by G&C too)

There's an episode of M*A*S*H* where a guy who was a concert pianist lost his right arm and was all ready to throw in the towel had the piece given to him by that windbag Winchester. It's a very cool piece.