#1 King Junior

King Junior

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:33 AM

Saw this on my way home from work yesterday:

Posted Image

Surprised they spent this kind of money.
Wondering if there's an upcoming media blitz for the fall season.

Edited by King Junior, 25 August 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#2 LadyCarmilla

LadyCarmilla

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

:shock:

I actually do not know if something that many people do not know about going "mainstream" is a good thing or not.
On one hand, it gives the something exposure, it brings dialogue, people do their research and sellers want to offer it so they won't get behind.
On the other, sometimes it is a way for the product to devaluate, becoming somehow "vulgar", for lack of a better word. "Hey, if (insert popular name here) drinks it, I will too, so I will look cool just like him/her". And then everybody becomes experts, even if they are not.

But I do like the board :thumbup:
"Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green Fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me" - Gary Oldman as Dracula

#3 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:16 AM

I personally applaud it. The copy on the Lucid bottles are very clear regarding what you're getting and how to drink absinthe, and their advertising has been pretty classy since the beginning. It's an easy bottle to recognize, to describe to someone without them having to see it ("I'm at the liquor store and my friend and I want to try absinthe...which one should we get?" "Is there a black one with cat eyes?") and it even comes in a convenient small size for those not willing to shell out $70...a $35 bottle is much more affordable, particularly when split between a couple of people.

Lucid was my gateway absinthe, and I know this is the case for many more of us. :thumbup:
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#4 LadyCarmilla

LadyCarmilla

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

It was my first too.
I did not know Lucid had small bottles. I actually had to buy one of the large ones, and I did not like it much. Too bitter for my taste, even with sugar. Maybe it was my batch, because I had read great reviews for it. Who knows?

I do agree their presentation is very classy. I remember I asked myself if they did not had trouble with Andrew Lloyd Webber for the similarity with the "Cats" board.
"Absinthe is the aphrodisiac of the self. The green Fairy who lives in the absinthe wants your soul. But you are safe with me" - Gary Oldman as Dracula

#5 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Webber probably figured that if he was going to borrow so heavily from Puccini FOR Cats, he'd let Lucid borrow so lightly FROM Cats. ;)

And I too give a thumbs-up to the billboard. Lucid may be over-priced for the quality, but it's still decent.

#6 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:59 PM

Or like...T.S. Elliot.
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#7 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

:laf: :laf:

#8 Alfred Jarry

Alfred Jarry

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Webber probably figured that if he was going to borrow so heavily from Puccini FOR Cats

Or like...T.S. Elliot.

Or from Pink Floyd for Phantom of the Opera.

Edited by Alfred Jarry, 16 September 2011 - 05:36 PM.

"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so solvent and corrosive that out of all substances, it has been chosen for washing and scourings, and a drop of water, added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddies it."

#9 Timothy B.

Timothy B.

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Coincidentally, I noticed this last night:

Posted Image

It was in Hawaiian Gardens, CA - one of the poorest cities in Los Angeles county.

(That was a phone-camera - I'll see if I can get a better shot of it sometime.)

--- T

#10 Minnalouche

Minnalouche

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

A Lucid billboard in Hawaiian Gardens?! Can you please tell me where it's located? I would like to see it for myself.
Does Minnalouche know that his absinthe
Will pass from change to change
As emerald clouds to opal,
And yet nothing will change?

Still he drinks opaline.

#11 Jonathan D.

Jonathan D.

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hint: It's not in Hawaii, and there are no gardens :laf:

#12 Minnalouche

Minnalouche

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:41 AM

This is true. I'm asking about the specific location of the billboard. I know where Hawaiian Gardens is. In fact, I was there a few hours ago, but I didn't spot any Lucid billboards.
Does Minnalouche know that his absinthe
Will pass from change to change
As emerald clouds to opal,
And yet nothing will change?

Still he drinks opaline.

#13 LadyCarmilla

LadyCarmilla

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Could the publicity be working?

I have a fondness for Yahoo Answers and the search "Absinthe". Recently I have found a lot of people who ask about Lucid: how good is it, how much does it cost and where can they find it?

At least they are not asking about the thujonies. Although that kind never really goes away...

#14 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

Chattering with folks on the Lucid FB page is not a bad way to pass some info. Lucid is still carrying on the job of introducing people to absinthe. Don't think the Lucid folks care for me calling their broullieur a See-Saw Dripper. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association