King Junior

Lucid Billboard in NYC (Penn Station)

Saw this on my way home from work yesterday:

photo.JPG

Surprised they spent this kind of money.

Wondering if there's an upcoming media blitz for the fall season.

Edited by King Junior

:shock:

I actually do not know if something that many people do not know about going "mainstream" is a good thing or not.

On one hand, it gives the something exposure, it brings dialogue, people do their research and sellers want to offer it so they won't get behind.

On the other, sometimes it is a way for the product to devaluate, becoming somehow "vulgar", for lack of a better word. "Hey, if (insert popular name here) drinks it, I will too, so I will look cool just like him/her". And then everybody becomes experts, even if they are not.

But I do like the board :thumbup:

I personally applaud it. The copy on the Lucid bottles are very clear regarding what you're getting and how to drink absinthe, and their advertising has been pretty classy since the beginning. It's an easy bottle to recognize, to describe to someone without them having to see it ("I'm at the liquor store and my friend and I want to try absinthe...which one should we get?" "Is there a black one with cat eyes?") and it even comes in a convenient small size for those not willing to shell out $70...a $35 bottle is much more affordable, particularly when split between a couple of people.

Lucid was my gateway absinthe, and I know this is the case for many more of us. :thumbup:

It was my first too.

I did not know Lucid had small bottles. I actually had to buy one of the large ones, and I did not like it much. Too bitter for my taste, even with sugar. Maybe it was my batch, because I had read great reviews for it. Who knows?

I do agree their presentation is very classy. I remember I asked myself if they did not had trouble with Andrew Lloyd Webber for the similarity with the "Cats" board.

Webber probably figured that if he was going to borrow so heavily from Puccini FOR Cats, he'd let Lucid borrow so lightly FROM Cats. ;)

And I too give a thumbs-up to the billboard. Lucid may be over-priced for the quality, but it's still decent.

Coincidentally, I noticed this last night:

lucid_billboard.jpg

It was in Hawaiian Gardens, CA - one of the poorest cities in Los Angeles county.

(That was a phone-camera - I'll see if I can get a better shot of it sometime.)

--- T

This is true. I'm asking about the specific location of the billboard. I know where Hawaiian Gardens is. In fact, I was there a few hours ago, but I didn't spot any Lucid billboards.

Could the publicity be working?

I have a fondness for Yahoo Answers and the search "Absinthe". Recently I have found a lot of people who ask about Lucid: how good is it, how much does it cost and where can they find it?

At least they are not asking about the thujonies. Although that kind never really goes away...

Chattering with folks on the Lucid FB page is not a bad way to pass some info. Lucid is still carrying on the job of introducing people to absinthe. Don't think the Lucid folks care for me calling their broullieur a See-Saw Dripper. :)