Sign in to follow this  
Youskaremi

Absinthe Inspired

I just recently commented on a forum post started by bigbrother that asks whether the green muse inspires you. In my case(and I'm sure many others) I feel that it does. I have included at attachment of a drawing that I did while enjoying a glass of Pernod 68. I do not claim it to be brilliant or even good for that matter. All I claim is that the absinthe DID inspire me to produce it. Any others out there with art they are willing to share?

post-3557-1314148871_thumb.jpg

Mostly, absinthe inspires me to enjoy a hearty meal. As an aperitif, it is outstanding. It also inspires me to have long and frequently silly conversations with dear friends and visiting strangers. I guess it is somewhat self-propagating as it has inspired me to make more. :twitchsmile:

The rest of my artistic endeavors involve trashing fine (and not so fine) theatrical scripts but I can't really blame absinthe for that.

Mostly, absinthe inspires me to enjoy a hearty meal.

Ditto.

Prior to that, absinthe continually inspires my palate to eke out new flavor nuances each time I sip it.

The better crafted the absinthe, the more worthwhile the challenge.

Well tonight I did another peice while enjoying a couple glasses of Kübler. By the way this was my first try of absinthe in the blanche style. Fantastic louche and incredible finish with what I thought tasted of lemon-grass. Anyhow I hope you all enjoy it.

P.S. Where are the other artists around here? Come out come out wherever you are!

post-3557-1314239691_thumb.jpg

I don't draw or paint, but I started making fountains after I got into absinthe, if that counts.

Joe's an artist. Leopold's an artist. Marc's an artist. Cheryl's an artist. Gwydion's an artist. Sorry to out you guys like that, but y'all make good booze. Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Joe's an artist.

After last night's rehearsal, I'm feeling pretty ok about this show. Despite my best efforts, the company

is turning in one hell of a performance.

Joe's an artist.

After last night's rehearsal, I'm feeling pretty ok about this show. Despite my best efforts, the company

is turning in one hell of a performance.

You're an artist in that way as well, but initially I was referring to what you've done to some wormwood patch out in the woods.

Some of us make music. It might even be art, being very optimistic.

I most certaintly consider music to be art. What type of Genre do you play?

I got another one done tonight. This one is a little sadistic, but I couldn't work on anything else until I got this one down on paper. Also I have a question for all of you out there. I have been eye-balling a bottle of Vieux Carre Absinthe, should I go for it? It has gotten excellent reviews on here, so I probably will. Just curious if any of you have any additional insights on it. Thanks :cheers:

post-3557-1314680159_thumb.jpg

Sludge, black metal, death metal, and doom.

Oh, and that's creepy shit right there.

Sludge, black metal, death metal, and doom.

Oh, and that's creepy shit right there.

Alright! I love that kind of music. Ever listen to Otep?

I've heard it. Not quite my thing. :)

Well thats alright. To each their own. So are you vocals? Or do you play an instrument, or both? Inquiring minds need to know :laugh:

I got another one done tonight. This one is a little sadistic, but I couldn't work on anything else until I got this one down on paper. Also I have a question for all of you out there. I have been eye-balling a bottle of Vieux Carre Absinthe, should I go for it? It has gotten excellent reviews on here, so I probably will. Just curious if any of you have any additional insights on it. Thanks :cheers:

Hmm. Methinks that's probably what Absomphe thinks about doing to me everytime I call him an old fart. :wheelchair:

Regarding VC, the spearmint is easily noticiable but not overwhelming. I think it compliments the wormwood quite beautifully, but if you really don't like spearmint, keep that in mind.

Hmm. Methinks that's probably what Absomphe thinks about doing to me everytime I call him an old fart. :wheelchair:

Regarding VC, the spearmint is easily noticiable but not overwhelming. I think it compliments the wormwood quite beautifully, but if you really don't like spearmint, keep that in mind.

Thanks I love spearmint, so I'm sure it will be great. I love the bottle it comes in. Very Classy!

Guitar, bass, vocals, drums, keyboards, sequencers, and brass (rarely). Other than Throng of Shoggoths everything I do is one-man-band type stuff.

Guitar, bass, vocals, drums, keyboards, sequencers, and brass (rarely). Other than Throng of Shoggoths everything I do is one-man-band type stuff.

Damn!! You should create some dopplegangers to help you out!

Well, at the moment I only have time for Throng of Shoggoths in terms of rehearsals and shows. But if I wanted to take any other projects live there's actually a great crop of musicians here in town that just float in and out of bands. So the option is always there.

Well, at the moment I only have time for Throng of Shoggoths in terms of rehearsals and shows. But if I wanted to take any other projects live there's actually a great crop of musicians here in town that just float in and out of bands. So the option is always there.

That's almost too bad. A gang of doppelgangers all outfitted on a differant instrument would be hillarious....possible drawing methinks...hmm :laugh:

I considered doing a music video like that until Andre 3000 did. And now I want nothing to do with it.