Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

US Absinthe is "Fake"

Since posting here Jay has:

- called me a frat boy several times (despite me saying I was never in a frat)

- Said I would soon be parted with my money

- He works for a website and makes a living adapting to google, while i'm busy tending to an audience who scream shots to frosh girls

- Said sicknight.com is insignificant, and it would be a waste of time for members to post anything there

To clarify two points:

1) The fact that you can write "Why do I need the free content, when the current article I have for top 10 absinthe is top 3 in google already?" indicates that you don't understand the new Google algorithms for determining pagerank and site value, or that you're deviously insisting upon playing dumb so that you can get new and free content here. I'll let other folks work that one out for themselves.

2) The "frat boy and his money are soon parted" reference was to your making money off of your average "frat boy" site visitor, and not to your own finances. You've helpfully supplied us with specific numbers bragging about the proverbial phat cash you're making.

It's genuinely unfortunate that you can't add "provides worthy and accurate content," "makes a genuine effort to run a useful website", and "takes his role as site owner seriously before allowing unread articles maligning U.S. absinthe producers to be published" to your list of things to brag about. Until such time as that happens, you're correct - I do find your site to be worthless.

But while I have to respectfully disagree with my fellow forumites here who feel that having a paragraph or an article of corrected text about absinthe on your site represents much of a win, I'll be happy to put my part of that debate to rest and let them proceed as they see fit. I confess that simply having you remove such patently offensive and untrue content about those products might even be worth this thread.

1) The fact that you can write "Why do I need the free content, when the current article I have for top 10 absinthe is top 3 in google already?" indicates that you don't understand the new Google algorithms for determining pagerank and site value, or that you're deviously insisting upon playing dumb so that you can get new and free content here. I'll let other folks work that one out for themselves.

It's funny that you're riding the coattails of a website you don't even own, while claiming to be an expert; maybe you missed it but I own a web design/SEO company.

Arguing with me on SEO could be compared to me coming onto these forums and arguing with the members about Absinthe. I would clearly be out of my league, as you are now.

I'm going to stop bashing you personally because it brings me down to your level.. So instead I will give everyone reading this a quick lesson, so they know how bogus you are as an expert on this subject matter.

There is a certain level of stupidity in claiming that I don't know how the Google algorithm works, when sicknight.com is currently top 5 in google for major absinthe terms.

Open Google and type in "best absinthe" or "top absinthe" or "best absinthe brands" or "top absinthe brands"

You will see sicknight.com ranking extremely high. So tell me again how I don't understand how their algorithm works...

Google Pagerank only matters if you are selling links on your website or sharing links. Everyone in SEO knows this. When it comes to actually ranking in the Google SERP, your own website's pagerank means NOTHING.

Selling links is also a shady practice, and considered illegal by Google. Any smart business man knows to not depend your entire business model on one factor, and especially when you can't control that outside factor. (Google)

Here are articles explaining this in more detail: (How your own website pagerank means nothing in search results)

I could provide about 50 more, but I thought five would be enough.

http://www.gabrielharper.com/2009/04/pager...e-for-yourself/

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/016183.html

http://www.bloggingtechnews.com/seo/latest...-pagerank-serp/

http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34297

http://www.seowizz.net/2009/02/why-page-ra...ns-nothing.html

When you're done thinking you know everything, maybe we can get past the pissing contest.

Until then I guess i'll just have to keep reading from you about how I don't understand the Google Algorithm, even though i'm dominating Google search engine results.

Results don't lie, where are yours?

Edited by sicknight

We should text this entire thread to this fountain.

Seems like one of those guys is winning, as there appears to be a bit of a leak on the side.

The water is probably not cold enough to louche a glass.

Probably not, but the fountain is textable, and will "write" what you text to it. If I can ever forgive Prague for what it has done to the green fairy I would like to visit those two and give them a text.

Damn, I love this place.

No time for pissing contests.

You folks rock and make my job a piece of cake.

Best American absinthe? It really depends on my attitude at the end of the day and maybe what I'm thinking about for dinner. Marteau? Pacifique? Leopold? Or maybe something different? :cheers:

Hmm...

I'm glad members of the WS caught the original article, and encouraged the rewriting of it.

But, honestly, this thread doesn't feel like education. Somewhere around page 2, it degraded from actual good information to something a little more primal and less relevant to the issue at hand.

This Sicknight person seems to have embraced the truth about absinthe, which is much more than many people I encounter. Shouldn't it be left at that?

No! If you're winning then your expectations are too low! Time to fight! Aaaaaannnnnnnd... GO!

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Hmm...

I'm glad members of the WS caught the original article, and encouraged the rewriting of it.

But, honestly, this thread doesn't feel like education. Somewhere around page 2, it degraded from actual good information to something a little more primal and less relevant to the issue at hand.

This Sicknight person seems to have embraced the truth about absinthe, which is much more than many people I encounter. Shouldn't it be left at that?

Agreed. :cheers:

It ain't like the guy called it 'synthe or something. :devil:

Lighten up. B)

No time for pissing contests.

I'll drink to that, friend. :heart: :wave2: :cheers:

But I'll bet I drink more than you will, lightweight! :harhar:

Edited by Absomphe

Yeah but I water my absinthe down to 8:1 so I'll be pissing more than you before the night is out, fer sure yo!

I'd make a joke about the golden ratio but I wouldn't want to offend any math nerds out there.

Edited by baubel

To clarify two points:

I offered to re-write the article for him, in private, before he even posted here.

Decent enough. Welcome, Jeff. I'm not really comfortable with the frat monkey demographic, but this will turn a few heads.t

Jay, I've sided with you on many a thing, but now's the time to bury this one.

Come on, man...

"Hans, you mother fucker, you made your point now let 'em pull back!"

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR..._uCwLWiPQ7_2IyQ

You've gotta love any Die Hard reference that doesn't involve "yippee" and "khayay". ;)

I'm staying true to my last post and abstaining from the debate any further, so no worries about that, Precenphix. However, tell John McClane I've got my eye on him the next time he travels.

SnapesonAPlane.jpg