Sign in to follow this  
OMG_Bill

'Tis your day!

Work

Dentist

Gym

Check, check, check.

Time to pack the truck for tomorrow mornings 5 hour drive for some camping near that country to the north of us.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Now, on to a Summit Brewing, Honeymoon Saison!

Time to pack the truck for tomorrow mornings 5 hour drive for some camping near that country to the north of us.

Don't forget the bear bait, and safe travels. :cheers:

Yeah, I have one 10 year and a 13 year old bear bait! Oh crap, I think they just figured out my plan... :wave2: :cheers:

It was a great birthday weekend! We stayed in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in northern Minnesota. I was awaken twice Friday night by howling packs of wolves. There were plenty of bears to be seen and the scenery was wonderful. We made it to "the end of the road" where the U.S. road ends at Crane Lake and Canada is on the other side. I can't wait to go back. :cheers:

Haven't been to the Boundary Waters in about 10 years. Used to go every late August, early September - after the summer tourists and most of the bugs were gone - and paddle until we didn't see any people for a day or so, then set up camp and fish for a week. Some of my best memories. Took my wife there while we were still relative strangers.

Other than the crickets, most of the bugs are gone. I don't think we encountered one mosquito. It is lovely. That's why we're headed back in a couple weeks. :thumbup: