Sign in to follow this  
Improvidius

Secondary Effects: Verte vs. Blanche

I don't think he's a bad guy. He just so desperately wants to believe there is something more when the real magic is right under his nose: a fantastic, herbally delicious beverage. It's really quite extraordinary without the myth.

Facts have zero impact on his opinion so why should he waste his time reading them?

Well you wouldn't want some inconvenient facts to get in the way of a satisfying delusion, would you? And I couldn'ta said it better than;

Those with knowledge easily sense the truth of things. Those with egos built up on rumor and fancy, tend to maintain a hard line.

Although "Those whose beliefs are built upon rumor and fancy...", is probably just as good. I'm figuring we're both right.

It reminds me of someone who used to post here frequently who would actually have little rage fits at anyone who claimed that getting drunk was not any part of their motivation to drink absinthe or other fine spirits. He considered his experiences and motivations so intrinsic and universal that, to him, anyone who claimed to feel differently had to be a liar.

I think this is how Zzz is about his experience with secondary effects.

Haha, well it is good to hear that many of you have finally joined my camp on this issue.

"Absinthe has secondary effects."

"I'm an alcoholic I don't feel anything, are you sure?"

"It won't knock you off your seat. It is subtle. I've proven it to myself."

"I don't care, I only drink absinthe because it is a meadow in a glass, who cares if you're right."

Well, alas, people are finally willing to admit it, now that we don't have to worry about it becoming legal.

For the record, I don't drink absinthe for the 'effects,' they are way too small to justify the purchase of a bottle. I drink it for the craftsmanship and flavor.

---

Now that we got that out of our system, anyone have a theory on why a verte or blanche may result in different effects?

Is it something about the process? Or simply different herbal content between brands?

That is after all, what the original poster was inquiring about!

Edited by Zzz

Well, alas, people are finally willing to admit it, now that we don't have to worry about it becoming legal.

Um, we've been admitting it since the WS was founded. It's right on the main page. Do your homework before you start making false accusations.

anyone have a theory on why a verte or blanche may result in different effects?
I don't think it has anything to do with Verte vs. Blanche. It has to do with herbal content and levels of fenchone and anethole, i.e. some blanches could have less secondaries than some vertes, and vice versa.

:secret2: Tull is touring Thick as a Brick, again next year. Sad to say, it doesn't appear they will make it to the US.

Ooops, pardon the diversion.

The minor effects of absinthe (not including alcohol, of course) has nothing to do with the coloring herbs.

Who cares about Zzzzzzzzzz's effects. Miguel's musical interlude was aces. I have the CD in my car and listen to it but not often enough.

OK, back to Zzzzzz's effects. I believe it's the herb bill of the verte vs blanche that would make any difference. Other than that......it's nit pickin' bullshit. JMO of course. Cheers!

So let's see here. You've blatantly lied about the official position of this site and personal views of its members in a hamfisted attempt to discredit us. And then when we demonstrated that you were lying you covered by lying even more, saying that we've recently changed our minds to fit your views. Even though the WS's positions have been consistent since its founding and you have had zero impact upon them.

Am I leaving out anything?