Sign in to follow this  
Abs

Hello All!

I've been lurking here for awhile and gathering as much info as possible before purchasing and posting. I have yet to experience absinthe. Based on the reviews I will be purchasing a 375 ml bottle of Lucid and will give it a go tonight.

Welcome to the thread! :cheers:

You might have to rethink that screen name, specially if you like Lucid. :) You don't want to besmirch the reputation if the Pontchartrain clown. :pirate:

Welcome! Lucid is a decent place to start and many of us were introduced through it. If you like it then read up on reviews and see what else is out there. There is some surprisingly good stuff usually within reach of a bottle of Lucid.

I feel like I stepped into the intro thread that time desperately wanted to forget. :wheelchair:

You mean I have to actually write out Absomphe as oppsed to ABS, from now on? Sheesh. Some of these newcomers are a demanding lot. :pirate:

Regardless, welcome to the forum, Abs! :cheers:

You mean I have to actually write out Absomphe as opposed to ABS, from now on? Sheesh. Some of these newcomers are a demanding lot. :pirate:

Regardless, welcome to the forum, Abs! :cheers:

Ditto!

Wellllll... I was going to name myself something along the lines of Absinthium Astrum but, being the lazy bastard that I am, I went with 3 keystrokes as opposed to 17. Thanks to all for the welcome. Should I use this thread to post about my first experience or start another thread?

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Thanks for joining in! :cheers:

Should I use this thread to post about my first experience or start another thread?

It's your thread so you can post about anything you want. For your absinthe experiences, this thread is simply perfect.

My sense of smell and taste is not developed enough to separate the various odors/flavors. I measured a shot into a martini glass and dripped icewater from a paper cup over a sugar cube. It louched. At 3:1 the taste was a bit strong and the drink itself was too thick for my liking; 4:1 seemed much better. One of the reviewers called this "the beer drinkers absinthe" and I eventually partook of it as such - tossing 3 shots into a 32 oz Quiktrip cup full of ice and sugaring/adding water to taste and ended up finishing off the bottle that way over a period of several hours (please don't ban me). Intoxication was different - almost as if mixed with Mountain Dew (but without the jitters). Finish seemed to be a revolving door of various flavors that hung around for several hours after the last of the last was consumed. Hangover was minimal but the next day kept getting flashes of flavor from the previous night's consumption. All in all - not bad; would like to try more of a better quality. Will be looking forward to ordering a couple of bottles of the good stuff from drinkupny (any chance of Ridge products being sold there?)