Sign in to follow this  
view of the mountain

hi from Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur

Hi all - on hols from uk near the mountain that killed the cyclist Tom Simpson. Am waiting to receive the bottle of Sauvage recently released. New to the real stuff after expensive outlays on La Fee Francais and some years back, Hills, yuch! Have a bottle of Roquette at home and expect Sauvage to be similar.

Welcome!

Where are you from in the UK? We're holding a few tasting events (mainly but not totally around London) in the next few months and would always be happy to see Forum members come along.

Hi all - on hols from uk near the mountain that killed the cyclist Tom Simpson. ...

How is ol' windy top?

I was wondering if you were Cavendish, but you won't find that chap anywhere near a mountain as long as he has a choice.

Many thanks to all for the welcome. To Alan. I live in Cambridge, am often in London so do please let me know about events that you hold.

There is a small restaurant in the nearest town that has absinthe on the menu as an aperitif, not that usual even in France where Ricard is the main pastis on offer. I will check it out, see what they are selling.

Edited by view of the mountain