green hornet

Hi from Euless TX

I just recently discovered this forum and did a little research. Although I've done a little homework, I made my first mistake today by being impatient and purchasing from the limited supply at my local liquor store. Actually, I can't say it was a mistake yet since I haven't tasted it. But the review of pernod superieure (!?with yellow #5!?) is less than stellar. I'm out $60 now. Hope it tides me over till I can order something better online. Anyway, Howdy Yall!

Howdy from the other end of I-45!!! :cheers:

Spec's carries Lucid, Vieux Carre, and Tennyson which are al real absinthes (I do not count flavored vodka as absinthe).

Vieux Carre and Lucid, are nice.

But the intraweb does open up posibilities.

Edited by Miguel

You could have done worse, but Pernod is not real absinthe, it is a liquor. It won't kill you, but it lacks all the subtle quality herbals of good absinthe, and tastes like Good N' Plenty candies.

Trust me, many have made more deadly first choices! Welcome to the WS! :cheers:

Howdy! :cheers:

You could have done much worse than Pernod, just look at some of our introductions.

Not a waste of money, it just that there are many things better at the same price, and you could keep it for cocktail experiments.

Howdy Podner. :cheers:

Good N' Plenty

I have a feeling the box I very generously donated to RMGH 2011 is still out in the woods somewhere. No one claimed it. Not even the bears. :pirate:

I know we have at least one absinthe club in the metroplex. It would be fun to have a texas group! I'm less than impressed with the pernod. mild licorice flavor, lots of alcohol flavor. It's not awful but not the best I've ever tasted either. Maybe being a smoker killed what ever else might have been there. I think I'll pickup a Pacifique Absinthe Verte Superieure and Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love next. Thanks y'all.