TheLoucheyMonster!

"Enigma Absinthe with Ian Hutton" (LdF)

Many thanks folks, I'm the Billy of the above linked blog.

I'm just getting into Absinthe at the moment, partly jumpstarted through getting some interesting absinthes at work and having a friend hook me up with a dripper and some Jade samples, and have a few related blog posts (and some more useful content for work's website) in the works.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes - I try and fact check everything, but sometimes stuff falls through the gaps.

Anyways, I'll hopefully be getting my hands on some more Enigma Blanche soon - I've not tried many proper absinthes, but it was rather good.

I've always loved ordering from the Whiskey Exchange (you or your cohorts might remember a crazy guy ordering 14 bottles of Picon a while ago ;) ) but I've always been saddened by the absinthe collection. I hope to see many more top brands stocked and lower quality dreck booted. :cheers:

Unfortunately the lower quality absinthes are incredibly popular, so I don't expect to see them disappearing any time soon. However, we've got La Maison Fontaine's blanche at the moment (and ran a tasting in our shop of it a few weeks back) and I've got a few from Jade sitting on my desk waiting for prices, so we'll have a few more decent ones available. Hopefully that range will continue to grow, for my sake as well as that of our customers :)

I've also got a 'Traditional Absinthe' feature that I've written that we'll hopefully feature on our front-page soon to try and drag in some people who'd otherwise go for the dodgy bottles. All I've got to do now is hope that we don't start stocking absinthe related glassware and tools - that could prove very expensive for me...

Unfortunately the lower quality absinthes are incredibly popular, so I don't expect to see them disappearing any time soon.

And there's the reason why we're here.

With a little education, and better options to pick from, the higher quality absinthes will probably do even better.

Now that there are more and more London bars buying higher quality absinthes (in many cases supplied by Whisky Exchange's wholesale division), there are clear signs that the UK is moving towards quality, and will continue to do so.

However, we've got La Maison Fontaine's blanche at the moment (and ran a tasting in our shop of it a few weeks back) and I've got a few from Jade sitting on my desk waiting for prices, so we'll have a few more decent ones available. Hopefully that range will continue to grow.

Thanks for also being one of the first UK outlets to stock all 3 Artemisia absinthes. We can hopefully fix a shop tasting for those too one day soon.

But not a very good shill, since I didn't mention the brand names nor the fact that I write an absinthe blog.

In any case, shilling is no longer legal tender in the UK.