The Standard Deviant

RueVerte is now Absinthes.com

Hello everyone, I think it's been a while since I've been posting regularly on the absinthe forums, I've kept in touch with lots of people and have been going to Boveresse most years and Pontarlier a bit. It's hard to believe I registered here in 2006!

A few months ago I started working with absinthe full time, moving from the UK to Germany to work for RueVerte, a couple of days ago we became Absinthes.com

I'm working on improving all the English-language aspects of the site, descriptions of absinthes and accessories, and I'll be making a new section with some interesting information about distilleries, and absinthe in general. If you have any suggestions, please do get in touch with me, either by PM here or via the contact form on Absinthes.com, all ideas are welcome!

In case you're interested, we've got a special discount to celebrate 5 years online coming up as well as the new name, for subscribers to our newsletter (on the right side of our homepage), or fans of our facebook page

Edited by The Standard Deviant

Love the revised website! And we won't feel bad about giving you a well deserved pat on the back.

Edited by Miguel

LOVE the currency converter.

In case you're interested, we've got a special discount to celebrate 5 years online coming up as well as the new name, for subscribers to our newsletter (on the right side of our homepage), or fans of our facebook page

I'm on both, but haven't seen any discounts just yet. Maybe soon?

All the best with this! Hopefully I'll meet you in Pontarlier in Oct! Please say hi to Antoine for me. :cheers:

I'll see you there!

Antoine has just gone out of the door, but if I bump into him when I'm out at the weekend, I'll be sure to pass on the greetings!

LOVE the currency converter.

I'm on both, but haven't seen any discounts just yet. Maybe soon?

Thanks, and you should have an email waiting in your inbox right now!

And, thanks Miguel, Brian and Asssstomp.

I like the currency and language tab on the left, a very nice touch.

Maybe also Inches vs. Centimeters? Cl vs. mL?

Between all the flash sales I have enough absinthes to last a good while now... ooooh look posters! :thumbup:

Edited by Tatan

We're in the process of adding a button that converts people to the ways of absinthe. Oh no, wait, that's the site itself!

That would be great news!

I don't see it though. As an example, Absinthe Bairnsfather Bitter is described as:

Very herbaceous, the Bairnsfather Bitter is an entirely natural Czech absinthe.

Yes, you do point out that it is a maceration and that it does not have have an anise taste but the site stills calls dreck like this "absinthe." But I understand, business is business and bills must be paid.

Seriously, good luck with improving the website. Now, if we could just gets the likes of you to stop by and contribute to the WS knowledge and information base more often, that would be fantastic. :cheers:

All the best with this! Hopefully I'll meet you in Pontarlier in Oct! Please say hi to Antoine for me. :cheers:

Hummmm, fill me in on these details.

Since our Montana trip was such a success..

We're in the process of adding a button that converts people to the ways of absinthe. Oh no, wait, that's the site itself!

That would be great news!

I don't see it though. As an example, Absinthe Bairnsfather Bitter is described as:

Very herbaceous, the Bairnsfather Bitter is an entirely natural Czech absinthe.

Yes, you do point out that it is a maceration and that it does not have have an anise taste but the site stills calls dreck like this "absinthe." But I understand, business is business and bills must be paid. <sigh>

Seriously, good luck with improving the website. Now, if we could just gets the likes of you to stop by and contribute to the WS knowledge and information base more often, that would be fantastic. :cheers:

Hello Joe,

I had the pleasure of tasting some absinthe from Montana in Boveresse, Steve brought a bottle with him to Diane's bar. Last I knew you were in theatre. Both distilling and the theatre have something in common: they are something you do because of a passion that makes you, there's no choice in the matter.

About the Bairnsfather bitter: my priority is improving the descriptions of the authentic absinthes, which naturally we want to promote as much as possible, then moving on to the others. If you didn't know anything about absinthe and landed on Absinthes.com, and started browsing all the absinthes, it'd take you quite some time before you got to a page not completely full of authentic, high-quality absinthes.

Very nice to see RV carry on and thrive. Congratulations! :cheers:

Seeing the place I built* slowly die after my departure, I may be coming to absinthes.com for an order in the near future. ;)

*And damn, it makes me sad. So much hard work and love... * sigh *

About the Bairnsfather bitter: my priority is improving the descriptions of the authentic absinthes, which naturally we want to promote as much as possible, then moving on to the others. If you didn't know anything about absinthe and landed on Absinthes.com, and started browsing all the absinthes, it'd take you quite some time before you got to a page not completely full of authentic, high-quality absinthes.

I do appreciate the prioritized listing you have in place and I hope your approach pays off in big dividends for you and the absinthe community. If you are comfortable sharing the information, it would be very interesting to hear if you are noticing a drop (or increase) in the fauxsinth sales. We wish you the greatest success.

I am still deeply involved in my theatre world and the analogies between theatre and absinthe ring true for us. Ridge is another artistic expression for us, engaging the eye, aroma and palette. We understand that everyone won't be enamored with what we make just like everyone won't love what we put on stage. Some people love Shakespeare, some don't and some have such preconceived ideas, they won't even try it. I try to do the best theatre productions I can with the resources I have, learning a little more with each attempt and likewise, I try to improve Ridge with each batch we make. I honestly believe, what we made this month is better absinthe and gin than what we made last month. When I become complacent and stop trying to improve either of my artistic ventures, I'll know it's time to stop. I suspect you have a similar approach with RueVerte. :cheers:

I see the Absinthexplore kit is still available. I plan on checking that out whenever I have sufficient funds to...check out. :twitchsmile:

Let's see if we can keep this thread on track, eh? Thanks. :cheers:

:cheers:

I see the Absinthexplore kit is still available. I plan on checking that out whenever I have sufficient funds to...check out. :twitchsmile:

The little tubes of joy are very much available, and doing well. And oh so convenient! I gave one to a friend, she surprised me out one evening some days later by pulling the Absinthexplore tube from her handbag with a small bottle of water and making a drink to share there on the spot!

I do appreciate the prioritized listing you have in place and I hope your approach pays off in big dividends for you and the absinthe community. If you are comfortable sharing the information, it would be very interesting to hear if you are noticing a drop (or increase) in the fauxsinth sales. We wish you the greatest success.

I am still deeply involved in my theatre world and the analogies between theatre and absinthe ring true for us. Ridge is another artistic expression for us, engaging the eye, aroma and palette. We understand that everyone won't be enamored with what we make just like everyone won't love what we put on stage. Some people love Shakespeare, some don't and some have such preconceived ideas, they won't even try it. I try to do the best theatre productions I can with the resources I have, learning a little more with each attempt and likewise, I try to improve Ridge with each batch we make. I honestly believe, what we made this month is better absinthe and gin than what we made last month. When I become complacent and stop trying to improve either of my artistic ventures, I'll know it's time to stop. I suspect you have a similar approach with RueVerte. :cheers:

I'm glad to hear you're still active in the performing arts, although theatre's loss would be absinthes gain. I look forward to tasting the Ridge absinthes again in the future.

Very nice to see RV carry on and thrive. Congratulations! :cheers:

Seeing the place I built* slowly die after my departure, I may be coming to absinthes.com for an order in the near future. ;)

*And damn, it makes me sad. So much hard work and love... * sigh *

Sorry to see what's happened.

I'm curious to see what you'll choose!

Edited by The Standard Deviant

The little tubes of joy are very much available, and doing well. And oh so convenient!

The samples are nothing short of awesome.

I'm glad to see this thread cleaned up, thanks mods! Standard Deviant, I just yesterday suggested to a newbie, that he visit your site , as those samples are a great way to explore for folks who can't take chances on full bottles they've not tried. Don't be a stranger around here!

Don't be a stranger around here!

Allow me to re-emphasize that. We know that you, Oxy and a host of our other colleagues have a wealth of absinthe knowledge and experience that would serve our members and be mutually beneficial.

Yup, we are not europhobes, and are quite happy to enjoy good absinthe no matter where it comes from. If my cabinet is local heavy, it is because of economics, not some mythical dislike of european absinthe, or a brainwashed form of xenophobia. I actually do have plans and aspirations for raiding absinthe.com and LdF when the monetary gods allow. Most of my Christmas wish list does involve absitnhe.com and sister websites.