Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

For Sale: Microdistillery (dont panic)

I say 'don't panic' in nice friendly letters, because it is one of the brands low on the absinthe world's radar.

Hey, I find it hard to finance a bottle, let alone a distillery.

Found this listng. I don't know if this is active, but looks like it is.

Not saying for sure who it is, but the only match for 'award winning vodka, gin, absinthe and Tampa' is Fat Dog Spirits

A look at the absinthe here

The description sure looks a lot like Pacifique. Maybe someone part of the old HG crowd, tried his hands in the CO world.

I couldn't make it as a home brewer, so I have no HG illusions.

Definitely not, but I think he meant the description of the absinthe on that retail page sounded similar to the description of Pacifique. But I could be wrong.

Wow! That looks like so much fun! I think I could give it a whirl. :twitchsmile:

Round about the caldron go;

In the poison'd entrails throw.—

Toad, that under cold stone,

Days and nights has thirty-one;

Swelter'd venom sleeping got,

Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!

Ambear, to answer the question posed in your signature, I think it's only alcoholism if you admit it in front of a group of strangers.

And we're all friends here...

After Montana, I think you would melt in Tampa, Joe :tongue:

Bah! It was over 90 degrees here today and I only complained a little bit a whole-fucking-lot.

You're probably right. If you live in Florida, you probably need to make rum.

Regardless of any of this, I'm amused by anyone asking $350,000 for a business that's cash-flowing less than $10,000 a year. I guess if you don't mind working 30+ years for the previous owner...

Definitely not, but I think he meant the description of the absinthe on that retail page sounded similar to the description of Pacifique. But I could be wrong.

Bingo. A list of ingredients does not a recipe make. And a recipe does not guarantee a tasty meal. You can give me Kobe beef and a block of ice, but you will not get tasty smoked Kobe beef. (still the coolest thing I've ever seen cooked on TV)

Takes talent to derail your own post.

Bah! It was over 90 degrees here today and I only complained a little bit a whole-fucking-lot.

I feel bad for Jules and the twenty minutes she'll never get back. :twitchsmile:

It stays nice and warm all day and night down here during the summer. I like it. I couldn't stand a few hours in a Montana winter though.

Edited by baubel

I can only imagine the culture shock from moving from the big sky to Tampa. Razor blades please!

My sister and her family relocated from Portland OR to Tampa for 3 years, and it almost killed them, except for the manatees (they never did see paisley ones though). The jobs they took finished, and they're back in Portland, happy and having good coffee again.

Takes talent to derail your own post.

Right now, I'm jealous.

But give me awhile to work on that... :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

OMG. Coffee. I forgot about southern coffee.

Screw Tampa. I'm staying right here.

Like tea strength?

Down here, I've seen men fired for making weak coffee.

The coffee may be forgettable, but the Cuban sandwiches more than make up for it.(Plus, they got pirate ships down there!) :pirate:

Never heard of the absinthe...and I thought I was relatively in-the-know about that stuff... :blink:

It stays nice and warm all day and night down here during the summer. I like it. I couldn't stand a few hours in a Montana winter though.

I can add more clothes if it's cold. You can't take off enough if it's too hot. Or at lease I can't. B)

damn quotes

Edited by Attack Accountant

The coffee may be forgettable, ...

I think it is impossible to forget Cuban coffee, or to sleep for the next 12 hours after consuming a cup. :blink:

I can add more clothes if it's cold. You can't take off enough if it's too hot. Or at lease I can't. B)

damn quotes

:pirate:

I'm no nudist, but I'm more uncomfortable with layers and bundled up.

And Cuban Coffee does rock. And now I can't drink it. No shit.

Edited by baubel

Investigated it pretty heavily. It's an interesting proposal, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it much (they made me sign a confidentiality agreement). A bit beyond my means at the moment.

Maybe a summer home for WS distillers from the great white north. In the winter, one distiller comes down, has fun for a couple of weeks, and distills a batch of whatever to pay for the trip. The next distiller repeats the same thing, two weeks later, etc. Extra rooms can be rented to other WSers. :)

Regardless of any of this, I'm amused by anyone asking $350,000 for a business that's cash-flowing less than $10,000 a year. I guess if you don't mind working 30+ years for the previous owner...

F--king exactly.

The only way this is worth it is that, it seems, all the hardware/copper comes with it. If they were doing high volume in NGS/vodka, I could see value to a NON-artisan/HGer trying to 'make it' in the industrial alcohol side of the business. That's where most of these guys 'make their bones' anyway.

But unless the site includes a couple of (very) large continuous column stills... They can go pound sand with their $350k offer.

On a much more local/personal note, Shaker's Vodka closed up shop last year, after just up-sizing to some huge stills just south of Minneapolis. One of their accountants is actually my tenent. She was at the time of all of that as well (moved back, :) ).

Excellent equipment, really.