Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Maison Premiere, NY

Like gettin' ya a flash bulb for yer camera? Hyuck hyuck hyuck. :pirate:

I assure you, the flash was used for the photo. I could only get so close because of the patrons surrounding the bar and the staff scurrying hither and thither. This place was really moving but the corner we landed in was perfect for a quiet chat with Brooks and my friends. Seriously, I could have hung out at Maison Premiere for simply hours.

Ron, the oysters were fantastic and so was the Red Snapper Ceviche! :thumbup:

:shock: . .From puffy to saggy in thirty-five years.....should I put that on my resume?

I want that fountain so much.

The original fountains in New Orleans — of which the Brooklyn fountain is a near-perfect replica — haven't dripped water in almost a century. Seeing a green marble fountain fulfill its destiny is pretty sweet!

Mr. Stone, it's been a while. How's tricks? :wave2:

From puffy to saggy in thirty-five years.....should I put that on my resume?

Vanity, thy name is Brooks. :fork:

Mr. Stone, it's been a while. How's tricks?

Oh, you know. Tricky. Still trying to get a distillery open. Doing any good movies lately?

Am on hiatus — self-imposed, and open-ended. The long days and industry BS were killing me. Had to get away.

Now coaching in town. Am poorer (make that a lot poorer!) but happier.

Now you know why Brooks is another of my favorite people in the world.

Indeed. 30 seconds after our meeting, I knew I had met another dear friend.

Maison Premiere's fall cocktail menu looks My-T-Fine. PDF menus for download AQUI.

While I think of it....

The "L" subway line from Manhattan (14th Street) to Williamsburg (Bedford Ave.) is usually a painless 10-minute ride. Lately, due to ongoing track work, service on the "L" has been erratic and sometimes nonexistent — especially on weekends.

Before heading to the subway, check the MTA site for service disruptions.

:wave2:

BROOKS! :wave2: I'm coming back to NY!

I don't know when but really, I am. Dinner and a longer visit this time, please?

It sounds like a grand thing to do but my schedule is already booked. ;)

I'd really enjoy time spent with Brooks and Team Ridge in the same place. Oh, Hell Yeah!

I can think of nothing I'd enjoy more than a get-together with Team B&P and Team Ridge. (And Team Baub, if footloose and game!) Something to look forward to. Teeth.gif

Dinner and a longer visit this time, please?

Joe, I'll hold y'all to it!

I know it's tricky with your teaching schedule, but spring or fall — if you can manage it — are New York's halcyon seasons. Especially for walkers like yourselves, there's no better time to visit. In any case, keep me posted!

Edited by Brooks

Is a mixologist a bartender with a fragile ego?

Yup.

I tend to distinguish the two thusly:

Mixologist: someone who not only enjoys making your average cocktail, but also spends a substantial amount of time in their off hours experimenting with new recipes, handcrafting ingredients, and studying the history of spirits and cocktails. Might visibly cringe if asked to make an extra dry vodka martini or Sex on the Beach.

Bartender: happy to pour beer and make Long Island Iced Teas and make margaritas with packaged mixes all night. No real interest in the craft outside of paying the bills.

It's tough to lump both types into the same category.

Ah bartender kinda like burger flipper

mixologist kinda gourmet cook. Could be commercial or an aficionado.

Tatan, you are welcome to call 6'6"+ mixologists that. But I don't recommend it. :)

To me being a mixologist is just a part of the bartender craft. At home you can just be a mixologist all you want. Behind the bar you need to count drinks, keep tabs, chat it up a bit, deal with the unpleasant drunkards and work more than just the drinks, if you catch my drift.

A shitty mixologist just paying the bills makes for a shitty bartender just paying thee bills.

Tatan, you are welcome to call 6'6"+ mixologists that. But I don't recommend it. :)

I've literally picked fights with bigger guys. BUT someone behind the bar should have a sense of humor, just my opinion.