Round 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lalaslair

Lalaslair

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Halfway through the bottle of Kübler I decided to move on to the Pacifique.I musn't forget that once opened these do not spoil as does wine and so I may have many open at once.I immediately smelled,then tasted fennel.This was a much softer and more delicate aroma than the heavy anise of the Kübler. I have on order the Duplais Verte,Duplais Balance,Brevans Geiger,Mansithe and Jade 1901.Any suggestions about which order to taste them would be appreciated.

#2 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

I'd suggest the following order: Mansinthe, Duplais Balance, Duplais Verte, Brevans, Jade.
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#3 Ryan

Ryan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

After you've tasted them all in that order, don't forget to try them out of order (maybe not on the same night :twitchsmile: ). It can add a lot to your perspective.
"The decline of the aperitif may well be one of the most depressing phenomena of our time." -- Luis Bunuel

#4 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

I'd suggest the following order: Mansinthe, Duplais Balance, Duplais Verte, Brevans, Jade.

What she said! I tasted a bunch recently (including all of the Jades) and had the Mansinthe last...it wasn't nearly as full or complex as the others so I didn't feel that I liked it, until waiting a week or two and trying it on it's own. It's much better when not drank directly after a Jade or A.O. Spare. :laugh:
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association