Sign in to follow this  
Père Ubu

Clearing out the garbage

childish indivduals, which regretfully are abundant in online forums

In mirrors, too.

Value for FV? It is nearly dead.

Join up. Contribute. Make a difference. Oh wait ....

Edited by Artemis

nearly dead.

You say that like it's an insult, or something. :harhar:

Btw, Pike St. has already ™ed XXXXX, and it's a fine stout, so now you have a tough rep to live up to.

Agreed.

Of course, Pis Equus™ wasn't very good, to begin with.

Edited by Absomphe

Glad you clarified that, Scott.

Now no one will figure out his real name. :laugh:

I think I've been hearing too many "the jury will disregard what it just heard"(s) on Court TV. :laugh:

I want to clarify that when I said

I was a member of Fee Verte before Oxy ever showed up there. It was not his invention; he bought it.

I didn't mean to imply some precedence for myself over Oxy, nor to disparage any of his formidable contributions there or elsewhere - only that there are people who understand Fee Verte, and those who don't. Oxy of course does.

Edited by Artemis

I, for one, knew what you meant.

But then, I think I'm one of those who does, sort of.

* As much as one can understand FV without having attended any of the Continental shindigs, where the secret handshakes are learned. ;)

WTF!!!??? Am I going crazy? I saw the XXXX and assumed I made an error about it being Miguel, Now it's back to Miguel, and I see I replied to the right person after all. There's no more XXXX in the thread. How did Miguel get changed into XXXX and back again? Forget I said anything. My brain hurts.

Value for FV?

While I don't disagree with your entire post, Miguel, FV has tremendous value. There is a wealth of knowledge waiting to be accessed. Don't get caught up in the personalities and egos.

Join up. Contribute. Make a difference. Oh wait ....
No, thank you. My regard for Oxy and the membership is sincere and my respect for FV is equally sincere. My life is full and the computer already steals too much of what little time I have. It gets no more. No Facebook. No My Space. No Fee Verte. I opted for The Wormwood Society at Gwydion's invitation because I was intrigued and interested in an American Forum.

I doubt there is any validity in assuming Miguel was frightened by FV. We have a new membership at WS. They are young and intelligent and have no fear of ghosts from the past. Gwydion's foresight was spot on: the future belongs to the young. Our approach is to nurture and encourage a love of absinthe, not get into a pissing match with our colleagues and friends in Europe.

Our approach is to nurture and encourage a love of absinthe, not get into a pissing match with our colleagues and friends in Europe.

It's rather unfair to suggest that it's mainly the Europeans who are responsible for any pissing match. Some of us can be quite friendly. And, although I don't know the exact numbers, it seems to me that more Americans have been suspended/banned around here.

NB: This is NOT a pissing match; just an attempt to clear the good name of Europe.

I think what he meant by that is that here we're more interested in what we're doing than in talking shit about or trying to be more awesomer-er than FV.

Are we really going to get into another WS vs. FV discussion? Come on people, let's move on. Nothing to be gained by having that match again. Nothing good has ever come of it.

Joe's comment seems to have been related to Europeans, which was the only reason I commented on it.

I agree 100% that we don't need yet another WW v. FV debate.

No worries, Alan. My comment wasn't directed at you. I completely understand where you're coming from. I just wanted to head off another discussion before it got too deep.

My apologies Alan. I certainly didn't mean to resurrect that tired old saw. It was nothing more than a fleeting reference to why I originally chose WS over FV in the context of the discussion. I think my feelings about Europe and FV were quite clear.

FV has tremendous value. There is a wealth of knowledge waiting to be accessed....

My regard for Oxy and the membership is sincere and my respect for FV is equally sincere...

...not get into a pissing match with our colleagues and friends in Europe.

Only someone looking for a fight could mistake my regard. There are many personalities at FV I consider friends and colleagues and have tremendous respect. Most assuredly, that would include Alan Moss. :cheers:

No worries, Alan. My comment wasn't directed at you.

Of course not.

Alan's not European, he's British. :)

Edited by Absomphe

This one?

Edited to link to another photo which screws up Joe's next comment.

Yep.

Edited to make Alan's comment make sense but confuses his edited comment.

:laf:

Now I'll never post a photo of myself here.

Edited by baubel

No, thank you.

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the person who insulted people at other forums by saying:

"I should just avoid the other forums, as the information gained is minimal. I was thinking that the other forums would have crass but knowledgable individuals. But I guess that was too much to hope."

I doubt there is any validity in assuming Miguel was frightened by FV.

I didn't say he was frightened by it; I said he was afraid to join it.

But don't worry, I'm done with it. If Miguel is an example of the young intelligent membership that's shunning other forums, I'm happy to go back and wander in the Elephant's graveyard among the greybeard jackals.

I can't believe you're really trying to twist it around like that.

This is the exact same thing I've been saying for several years. Newcomers to FV are frequently turned off by the ratio of vitriol to information. You can ignore it all you like, but you can't get offended when people point it out.

In any case, is is Boggy's thread, so let's get back on track. If you want to talk FV, let's find another, more appropriate place to do it.

Newcomers to FV are frequently turned off by the ratio of vitriol to information.

Frequently? Really? You know this how?

And would you like to give a single example of a newcomer being met with unjustified vitriol at FV?

Edited by Oxygenee