monkeycurious

Worst Absinthe Misinformation You Have Ever Heard

That's CF Berger. And yes, I've tasted it. While I would not go so far as to call the Jade Verte Suisse a clone, I would call it a good representation of what a pre-ban absinthe should taste like.

I've done a side-by-side. And yeah, there's some similarities, not so much in the presentation of flavors (the scent and aroma of vintage Berger is more akin to a shoe-shine box than a freshly distilled, anisated beverage), but in the type of herbal notes and how/when they appear in the taste. The most notable difference is the density of the two. The Berger 65 is appreciably thicker at equal dilutions than the Verte Suisse (but there again, the Verte Suisse from February is appreciably thicker than the VS released last year).

I like the coriander in both, and that's part of why I still prefer the Verte Suisse to the Edouard.

That's CF Berger. And yes, I've tasted it. While I would not go so far as to call the Jade Verte Suisse a clone, I would call it a good representation of what a pre-ban absinthe should taste like.

Minus the Jade funk, you mean?

Green fairy takes off again

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/story/0...1-23272,00.html

Why do we bother?

Just more of the same, and its all old news.

It gets a little bit right and then so much wrong; and the tone is provocative. Why mention Heroin? Yes, I know, so the readers can gasp in horror and get their daily thrill over their cornflakes

As in, "someone versed in French may conclude it tastes of tails"¹?

--

¹No, I wasn't thinking of the word "verger" meaning "orchard, grove".

Just read "Green Fairy Takes off Again".

I recently saw one bottle with a label saying it was 68 per cent alcohol. That makes it more a weapon than a thirst-quencher.

:dribble:

Well, that's Queensland for you. The rest of Australia likes to pretend it's not really there. It's kinda like our version of Florida.

I also liked the line: "As with Heroin..."

Seriously.

Well, that's Queensland for you. The rest of Australia likes to pretend it's not really there. It's kinda like our version of Florida.

That's funny, just this evening I said to Mrs. Hiram (a Brit) that Wales was the Kentucky of Great Britain.

I thought that was Scotland.

My favorite line from "Trainspotting" backs this up...

"The English are wankers...but we were colonized by wankers"!

My dog is part Newfoundland. He's a great dog. Newfoundland seems kind of like a boring version of Iceland. I know 2 people who visited there (they're from Iceland) and they said it was dull, and they were pretty dull people themselves, so I figured it must be REALLY dull.

For a few years now I have had it in my head that I would love to visit Newfound Land.  I don't think I know any one who has.

One of my grad school buds is from Newfoundland. He enjoyed breaking into his girlfriend's apartment and wearing her clothes to cast parties. Other than freaking her out, she probably wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't outweighed her by a hundred pounds. I suspect the panties never quite fit the same. :blink:

He made an ugly girl but I don't think I should judge all Newfoundlanders by him.

Newfoundland seems like a cool mix of interesting cultures/histories Irish, Scottish, French, seafaring, etc... plus I like the desolate, storm plagued, rocky coastline geography.

Plus, it's the source of the Great Big Sea