#32 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Joe. I was getting worried.

At my job we have to be very careful, especially when talking to customers, about this kind of thing and we sell herbal medicine (among other "hippy" things).

We can say something helps promote a healthy response to inflammation but we can't say that it reduces inflammation when in reality it does (both). This is due to legislation from big :censor1: companies and the :censor3: 's unwillingness to actually test claims of herbs so that we could legally say such things.

Hinting at absinthe as medicine, even though it was originally created for that purpose, is walking on some really unstable ground.

With that said I may add some herbal knowledge to the boards but keep in mind that almost all herbs work better in their raw form, not with their phytochemicals extracted into alcohol.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#33 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

I've been mingling around with some herbalists lately and think they would probably say something along very similar lines. Although there was some discussion tonight about fruit, herb and alcohol infusions providing some positive responses to the body, if not the spirit.

The idea of being sequestered with Abs doth seem hellish, and against the Geneva convention.

The Geneva Convention?

Bah!

Nothing but new-fangled, liberal falderol, that is. B)

I believe the question would be which of us was being inconveniently Conventional.

Edited by baubel, 21 June 2011 - 08:58 PM.

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#34 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

I've been mingling around with some herbalists lately and think they would probably say something along very similar lines. Although there was some discussion tonight about fruit, herb and alcohol infusions providing some positive responses to the body, if not the spirit.

It is possible and in my OPINION even probable, but so far there have been too few studies to claim any direct or specific effect, however historical use does point to said effects, or related ones, as being likely.

Watch me walk this tightrope, I hear I'm good at it.

What gets me is that they still regulate the dreaded T-chemical on 100 year old myth and pseudo-science from prohibitionist advocates even though current science disproves much (all) of it. And also current research shows that it has a much higher discernible effect level than many things currently added to tap water around the country (like fluoride). /rant

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#35 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:02 AM

I must confess, I am curious about wormwood as a mosquito repellent. That being said, I won't be using my absinthe as a perfume anytime soon.

Here you go! (Bear in mind, this was posted by Alan on 4/1).
Mosquito absinthe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association