Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed................. I'm kidding, I'm kidding................ Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band.................... I'm serious............ Dead fuggin' serious...... :angry2:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Parts I-III of Metal Machine Music are absolutely outstanding, and stand at the pinnacle of artistic musical achievement for the better half of the last century. A tour-de-force I would say. I mean the way he gets those amps to resonate like that! It's like Lou wasn't even trying... or even in the room while recording! Unsurpassed natural talent on his part! The first three parts are a mesmerizing 45 minutes of musical bliss. That being said, Part IV was shit. Completely ruined my experience for the previous three parts!

Edited by Alfred Jarry

I love the Lou Reed interviews in the Lester Bangs books. Especially how in the ones close to MMM's release Lou goes on about bits of it being influenced by classical compositions, but in the later interviews he says "Anyone who got to side four is obviously dumber than I am".

I've been dumber than Lou several times. :cheers: , Tatan.

And cheers for that last post, monsieur 'pataphysican. That was hilarious.

an excellent combination, if I do say so. Right about now it's Ridge Verte and Axis: Bold as Love--

Gold and Rose, baby...

Edited by buddhasynth

An ugly beauty, indeed!

And this ugly beauty was enjoyed with some butthead student teachers and other young adults, eating jumbo shrimps, in a large mini van, while riding on auto pilot. It was a bittersweet event, though, since the bright shade gave a blind eye to the surreal landscapes, outside. We passed at several stop-and-go's, focusing on the numb feeling brought on by the booze, speaking silently, answering 'yes' and 'no' to each other's inquiries. A quiet riot of sorts, I expect. :twitchsmile:

That said, The Devil's Triangle is one of my top ten favorite songs of all time.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Continuing the Ridge-aliciousness (mine just arrived yesterday, I let it oxygenate for a day, and then away I went!), and having my first glass to the sounds of The Honorary Title. Right this moment it's, "

".

Sipping in pure reverence: "La Grenouille" and thinking back to a euro trip including Prague in 1996 and a particular girl from Finland named after the sun.

Liztnin' to: "Keep Your Dreams" by SUICIDE.

Edited by Le Loup