Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

VdF, Pacifique and some stuff with shitty labels.

And

. About time I got my girlfriend's nieces listening to them. ;) Edited by baubel

Old man alert.

I'm I the only one that on the eponymous Queen CD, the 'alternative' to Liar is much better than the one that made it into the original album?

Old man alert.

I'm here.

I'm older than Revere.

Get used to it. :laugh:

Matthew Good and RR's Consecration this fine afternoon.

Edited by Absomphe

Late July, August, September, and October is a very nostalgic time for me, and always reminds me of the first two or three times my brother and I made the drive up to North Western Montana while listening to Weezer's Pinkterton, The Joggers, and assorted Arctic Monkeys.

So it's no wonder I'm listening to that crap while sipping Leopold's #38, which is based on the route we'd normally drive. If I didn't have to be up early there'd be some Ridge verte in the works as well, just to be musically and boozily autobiographical. :wave2: ;)

Lately I've been enjoying some Pacifique/MoL/Leopold's in the evenings with my mp3 full of 3 Dog Night, Doobie Brothers, Moody Blues and Deep Purple along with "Baker Street" and a cover of it by the Foo Fighters.

:twitchsmile:

Damn, now I have an awful image of Chuck Negron from Three Dog Night, a bunch of years back.*

* And if you happen to not be familiar with what befell poor oversexed Mr. Negron, I refuse to go there, on the grounds that it makes me cringe, so just effin' Google it. :laf:

I know that's in another thread somewhere (I checked this one). Was I the poor chap who mentioned 3 Dog Night and caused the horrible visuals?

You all are so much more savvy at the inner working of the forum than I :worshippy:

I am not aware, so now I am going to effin' google it :biggrin:

p.s. if it was me Absomphe, you can smack me. Mom was a Carpenters, The Lettermen kind of a Lady, I have to go back and expand my musical exposure.

*edit to point out weird coincidence*

I was speaking with a well versed Gentlemen about gin cocktails. He sent me this today in PM

For a more forceful, challenging cocktail, a Negroni is a great one.
Edited by Ryan Nikkel

Been hitting a CD of Andean music of late, bascialy the usual classics lik e"The condor passes". Plus Guantanamera done in Andean style.

You'd think the Andes would be a good place to grow the components of Absinthe (Grapes and Alpine herbs).

Was I the poor chap who mentioned 3 Dog Night and caused the horrible visuals?

p.s. if it was me Absomphe, you can smack me.

Nope, I was playing off of a Hedonmonkey quote about loving to watch things explode, Ryan.

But here's a poke for ya, just so you don't feel slighted. :poke: :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

warning, the search results are NSFW.

As with 98% of what Abs posts. The other 2% are about beer. :devil:

Edited by baubel

Oh sure, I know your game, you vixen...you're just trying to goad me into making one of those NSFW posts, aren't you?

Well, I'm immune to your charms, and I know when to keep a stiff upper lip. :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

Runa Pacha. A wandering group of Andean men we ran into at a Celtic festival in Lafayette. Good renditions of andean classics.

Talking with them they told me how impressive it was to have a whole village go up into the mountains to play.

I have visited the Andes and they are amazing. Too bad above 3000 meters I get woozy, and above 4000 meters I'm extra loopy. At 4850 meters, I needed help walking in a straight line. But the view from the pass was cool.

Last night I had an Arsenic and Old Lace while listening to Mono in vcf.

Kind of saddened as I just found out about them on Friday and I don't think they're around anymore since the most recent information from them is from 2009. :thumbdown: