Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

13th Floor Elevators' Easter Everywhere, and a glass of Pacifique.

That sounds perfect. I'm going to copycat that. :cheers:

Tatan- just in case you like vinyl, Sundazed reissued all of their albums. The only one I have is The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators, but it's mono, kind of a smoky-clear vinyl, and sounds great. If you don't like vinyl, the new CD/digital reissues also sound great. It seems like almost all remasters these days ruin the dynamics and just make them a lot louder, but these were done very well.

More Elevators and a bottle of the astoundingly good (and exceedingly rare) North Fork Special Edition Millennium Barleywine.

HOOOOOOLLEEEEEE SHEEEEIYYIT!!! I never thought I'd see INXS and Ridge used in the same sentence. :devil:

We're talkin' olde school like The Swing, Shabooh Shoobah, and Dogs In Space, right? Right?!

I might have had a second glass of Obsello while listening to Explosions in the Sky's newest album, Take Care, Take Care, Take Care.

Edited by baubel

I am working on compiling a play list for an up coming "90s Euro Tanz Fest". Its terrible, but I just might have enough Pacifique to make it :twitchsmile:

Tatan- just in case you like vinyl, Sundazed reissued all of their albums. The only one I have is The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators, but it's mono, kind of a smoky-clear vinyl, and sounds great. If you don't like vinyl, the new CD/digital reissues also sound great. It seems like almost all remasters these days ruin the dynamics and just make them a lot louder, but these were done very well.

Thanks! I just inherited some industrial music on vinyl and I saw a turntable that encodes to digital formats on sale around here. I'm thinking some Elevators are in store for my budding collection.

There goes my next paycheck down the drain :devil: .

I got small kids. Therefore my usual absinthe music is the theme to 'My Little Pony', or 'The Hot Dog Dance'.

Given a choice and enough absinthe, music by José Alfredo Jiménez would probably make me feel like the king.

Meadow Of Love and Quadrophenia. A religious experience.

Hey, that sounds like a plan to me.

Vieux Carre' and Sweeny Todd.

Felt appropriate after a long, frustrating day of work on Friday the 13th.

"They all deserve to die. Even you Mrs. Lovett, even I."

Some BdJ earlier, and I'm onto other things, but just discovered this YouTube clip from the Psychedelic Furs concert I attended a couple of weeks ago, and it just so happens that 'All of This and Nothing' is my favorite song of theirs. The outro bit is missing, but you know, beggars and such.

Deep Purple (with scab guitarist), in concert shown as a freebie by DirecTV. They still sound pretty darn good, even Jesus himself. :)