Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Last night started off with Ridge Verte & some Phish - Round Room... leading into a Leopold Bros to finish the round room and into some Zebra Junction - Pomme de Terre which concluded with some MoL & stinky cheese.

(followed by falling asleep to LOTR - The Two Towers :-) this was all after the Mrs. called us both in and we took a "Mental Health Day". I guess this should be in the what made me happy thread, but I'm happy posting it here :)

You seem unsure, but those two go together just fine by me.

Tish, on the other hand, can't stomach either of them. :laugh:

I'd offer to elope but I can't stand clown make-up on the sheets. :twitchsmile:

I wasn't sure what exactly I'd be listening to by them. I went ala carte thanks to youtube.

Edited by baubel

I just listened to some music that I haven't heard since I was a young one. Nice!

Bill Douglas with the album circle of moons... I'm a sucker for Bassoon and Oboe...

Last night my wife went to bed right while I was adding my water to a glass of Leopold Bros. She asked if I was going to be up for a while. I replied that I was just going to listen to some music and finish my drink. She gave me a kiss and put Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here on the stereo. I had to shut it off after a while. Absinthe and Floyd just seemed too pretentious. I put on some 3 Dog Night and things were much better.

I think Joe has listened to Floyd while making Ridge, so it's probably all right to listen to it whole drinking that particular absinthe.

Blue Öyster Cult always goes well with absinthe.

Minutemen, as always on April 1. Double Nickels on the Dime. Happy b-day d. boon!

And a glass of blanche.

Cool. When we had our jukebox up in Ann Arbor, there were a few staples that never left the box. One was Loveless, another was Double Nickels.

My assistant, who's always in a couple of bands, is supposed to have dinner with M. Watt when he's in town. His guitarist has known him since the 80's.

Last night my wife went to bed right while I was adding my water to a glass of Leopold Bros. She asked if I was going to be up for a while. I replied that I was just going to listen to some music and finish my drink. She gave me a kiss and put Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here on the stereo. I had to shut it off after a while. Absinthe and Floyd just seemed too pretentious. I put on some 3 Dog Night and things were much better.

I've found that Stereolab usually fits well with our gear. Built to Spill, too.

When we had our jukebox up in Ann Arbor, there were a few staples that never left the box. One was Loveless, another was Double Nickels.

I've found that Stereolab usually fits well with our gear. Built to Spill, too.

Awesome stuff.

For some reason I always end up listening to Current 93 when I've been drinking absinthe, but I never do that when I drink other stuff.