Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Bassnectar. Diverse systems of throb. If this don't wake you up, you are no longer living.

Checked out Bassnectar last night. Oh yes, I'm awake now. Very well done.

Lucid...which on the grand scheme of things, sucks.

Gonjasufi: A Sufi and a Killer...which stretches boundaries musically, is all kinds of cool.

Example:

"...of my skin and flesh, I'm so ashamed..."

Isn't that the goddamned truth...

And another:

One more:

And what the hell:

Edited by precenphix

A martini and the new Red Sparowes album. It's just not the same after seeing them live...but it'll do I guess.

how 'bout Bitches Brew? only the greatest album ever recorded, in the whole universe. With a bracing verte as I contemplate what to do with these 2 bison steaks tonight.......

I have been sipping the last of the Mansinthe, followed by a few Pacifique, heading for the last of that amazing vessel.

I am listening to Anoushka Shankar!!!!!!! All ya gotta do is go to her website and let it play as long as you want.

Use the best headphones you can get. I have a pair of Sony MDR-CD180. They rock. Crank it up.

http://www.anoushkashankar.com/_flash.php

If you will do this, sipping the Absinthe of your choice, you will be transported. Have a nice trip.

If not, then you have a head made of concrete.

I'm glad you posted this. I haven't listened to her in a few years. Normally I don't like music to be that polished, but I could listen to her all day. I can't say that about her sister.

I'm glad you posted this. I haven't listened to her in a few years. Normally I don't like music to be that polished, but I could listen to her all day. I can't say that about her sister.

Tell me more -- What's your fave?

A really knowledgeable music manager at a Barnes & Noble recommended her to me six or seven years ago. I bought Anourag and enjoyed it, and I meant to go back and get her S/T first album but never did.

Herbsaint, the "Tighten Up" from the new Black Keys album (I hope they have more of this energy on the rest of the album) and Dogs- Turn Against this Land. :cheers:

Edited by baubel

Obsello with 3/Joey Eppard, and 90's/00's pop/radio rock songs. I'm diggin' it. I actually went outside to listen to some Django Reinhardt ( his version of Georgia on My Mind) and a song made famous by a short film adaptation of Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, as made widely available and brought to my attention by the Twilight Zone, all while smoking a cigarette and enjoying the copious backyard. Had my own little slice of the belle epoque there, for a second.

That sounds like a great time. One of my friends loaded some Django Reinhardt on my iPod just before I moved/drove from VA to WA, for which I am very grateful. Tonight I'm recording a new song (not sure if this will be one that I'll submit for the WS volume II, though), and if it keeps going well I'll celebrate with a glass of Herbsaint.

Tonight's soundtrack is Musique d'Absinthe Volume I...seems fitting. I'm afraid it will lead me to pouring another glass... :cheerz: