Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Drinking Ike.  Listening to Brian Eno's "Another Green World".

It just makes sense.

Indeed! :cheers:

I recently picked up the reissue of My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, his collaboration with David Byrne. And Before and After Science is great also.

I was listening to Björk the other day, and remembered a rumour that was going round a few years back.

According to the rumour, the band name "The Sugar Cubes" came about because all of the band members shared an interest in Absinthe. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

PS - I tried a searching for the answer to this, but can you imagine how many hits the words "Sugar Cubes" got on this site?

I'm pretty confident that absinthe had nothing to do with the band name Sugar Cubes. Björk is a fascinating person, keeping a lot if her icelandic aura and heritage intact.

According to the rumour, the band name "The Sugar Cubes" came about because all of the band members shared an interest in Absinthe. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The Sugar Cubes were a (neo-)psychedelic band. In the 60s, sugar cubes were dosed with LSD for easy distribution/assimilation. 'Nough said?

Thanks for the tip, GreenOne. I am a big fan of Harold Budd. Here is a direct link to sample it online.

Check out 'The Moon and The Melodies'. It is a collaboration between Budd and The Cocteau Twins(another favorite group of mine). Elizabeth Frazer has a voice that would make an angel jealous.

Hildegard von Bingen.

Finally, something I am familiar with. Actually Pensieve has a few HvB albums that I ran across while ripping stuff into our ipod. I like it and it would make good green hour music. I plan to throw on the Donnie Darko soundtrack (score) next time.

I have no idea why, but 3 Doors Down has fast become a favorite of mine. Perhaps I am craving real ROCK-rock so bad (no 'nu-metal, alterna-rock, power-punk crap) that anythingclose is satiating me.

'Here without you' describes my life, lifestyle, and until today, my love.