Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Just came back from seeing "The Fab Four" this evening, so I'm listening to the new Beatles boot "Revolution Take Your Knickers Off" and having a glass of CLB before bed.

I wish I could go, too. The Sunday lineup is one of the best lineups ever.

Right now I'm listening to a lot of Brian Jonestown Massacre. I finally got to see them last Monday, and they played for almost three hours. It was one of the best shows I've seen.

Tonight, I am enjoying my solitude. Listening to Leo Kottke and sipping the only absinthe I have ever tried as of yet. Still looking to purchase my next bottle. I have a playlist of 2000 slow songs that I enjoy on cue, shuffling constantly...

now I have Rachael Yamagata coming through my speakers. Before Kottke was Over The Rhine.

It's all nice mood music. I like moods. ;)

I wish I could go, too. The Sunday lineup is one of the best lineups ever.

Right now I'm listening to a lot of Brian Jonestown Massacre. I finally got to see them last Monday, and they played for almost three hours. It was one of the best shows I've seen.

3 hours? Wow. So jealous.

Did you see the documentary Dig?

White Ghost Shivers. A bit like Squirrel Nut Zippers but with racy lyrics. It really puts me in a Southern 30's mood (which is funny as I quite prefer a Northern 20's).

Ha! I have Squirrel Nut Zippers as well, though admittedly they are not in my mood music playlist. They are a mood all their own.

I have a couple websites hosted at GoDaddy and a couple of my clients have theirs with GoDaddy as well. Call tech support, the music they pipe in is Squirrel Nut Zippers. Cracks me up.

Never heard of White Ghost Shivers, will have to check them out.

3 hours? Wow. So jealous.

Did you see the documentary Dig?

Yeah, I love that film. Joel and Matt, who are shown quitting the band in the film, are actually back in the band for this tour. Everyone looked like they were really enjoying the show except for Anton, who looked pissed the entire time. And they completely ignored the 9:30 Club's smoking ban, in more ways than one.

I'm allergic to smoke, but the performance was well worth it.

Thinking about running through McCartney's side project The Fireman tonight. The second release called Rushes is a work of art. The first release was crap. And the third just completely jumped the shark -- avoid it like the plague. One redeeming song, "Magpie", it's only saving grace from utter failure...

Anyway...that's the plan.

Anton was pissed? Boy, that's surprising, right?

I'm a big fan of McCartney's older work.....RAM, Wild Life, Mccartney, Band on the Run. Don't know a thing about the Fireman. What's the second release called?

Rushes. It's ambient for the most part. You can feel a lot of melancholy in it. This was put out just before Linda passed.

And you just named some of my favorite work of his once he went solo. If you haven't heard Chaos and Creation in the Backyard yet, you're missing out, man. Give that a spin pronto. Great tracks and excellent production value. It's a bit divergent from his typical sing-song style and refreshing as hell. He even uses tape loops on the first track with great melodic results. Breathtaking.

Heh. I just reread your post. Rushes. I'm an idiot. PTFA.

The kids who run All Music Guide are up in Ann Arbor...which is where our bar used to be. To a man, the long time reviewers loved Ram. It was in our jukebox for quite a while. Something about that album speaks to me, and I don't really know what it is. Band on the Run is a no-brainer, I suppose.

I got a few Amazon gift certificates for my birthday....looks like I'll be getting Rushes and Chaos..... Thanks for the tip, and have a great weekend.

Obsello and Photek's "Modus Operandi." I had forgotten just how tasteful the d n' b tracks are. The faux-jazz tracks can take a hike, though.

"Axiom" is nasty as hell. A first, in that before then I thought putting a snare on top of a kick was verboten cos it generally sounded like crap.

Comparing Obsello & Kübler Monkey Glands, while getting to know the new Tragically Hip "We Are The Same" CD. Too bad I've got to work tomorrow...

Nice! There is definitely a difference between the two in Monkey Glands, IMO. The grape base, vanilla, and mint notes from the Obsello can show up. Not a bad thing IMO. Kübler, while very simple, lends the appropriate absinthe flavor element, but stays out of the way.

OK, Seriously, What Disco? I have to know!! I have those moods that take me back to my pre-teen years!

Some Sly and the Family Stone, Earth Wind and Fire and next up Curtis Mayfield.

I never really got into Disco back in the day, but now I get moods that call for it. Funky stuff and now I wish I had the whole getup, platform shoes and all.

Yer bustin' my balls here, guys. Disco sucked so completely. 1975: college dance class. Disco Duck. I wanted to brutally kill the teacher.

Must listen to the Blue Oyster Cult Secret Treaties album to purge e-vil disco spirits. Arrrgh! :twitchsmile:

:laf: It's an acquired taste Joe. Acquired after lack of oxygen in my case. :yahoo:

I'd just love to dress up in a period pimp outfit some halloween. I promise to avoid the ridge that evening!

Yer bustin' my balls here, guys. Disco sucked so completely. 1975: college dance class. Disco Duck. I wanted to brutally kill the teacher.

Freddie's Dead?

Must listen to the Blue Oyster Cult Secret Treaties album to purge e-vil disco spirits. Arrrgh! :twitchsmile:

Fuck yeah! :yahoo:

Flaming Telepaths is a good song, but Fire of Unknown Origin is my standby album. I missed them when they played near here in February, but when I saw them a year ago they kicked serious extra terrestrial ass(es). Some aliens might have multiple asses, you don't know!

And on another note, I would have bet serious money I would live out my entire life and never hear a live version of "Black Blade", but they made me a very happy man that night. What made it even better was that someone had attempted to insult me for my appreciation of Science Fiction. :laf:

I hear a little dominance and submission off in the distance! ;)

I'd just love to dress up in a period pimp outfit some halloween. I promise to avoid the ridge that evening!

You'll have to get up to Buffalo one of these Novembers, they have an annual event called "The World's Largest Disco" that draws thousands of people. They go all-out with the outfits; platforms, bell-bottoms, afro's, robin's egg blue tuxedos (complete with puffy cummerbund), you-name-it, you're likely to see it. It's really just another excuse for a BIG party here. (Sorry, Joe! If it's any consolation, I did see BOC at a bar in Virginia Beach back in 1994. Rockin' show, small venue made it extra cool!) :mbanana:

Disco sucked so completely.

But if not for Disco, I might never have been inspired to make my homemade assbinth which made being dragged to them by my best friend a little more bearab.......

You're right, as usual, Joe.

Disco sucked so completely.