Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

No shit? That's pretty cool man. I've got one of their albums around here somewhere.

I'm having some Hanger One Raspberry and listening to Modest Mouse. :cheers:

I just got that Robert Plant & Alison Krauss collaboration. Has anyone mentioned it (if not for drinkboy I might have had a successful search)? I think it is quite good.

We have that too. Nice one. We're going to hear Harper tonight-he's great. Excellent harmonica player and also plays a didgeridoo. Super band and people too. :yahoo:

Hendrix,....... 1983 A Merman I should turn to be, is perfect absinthe drinking music.

Yes! And Tom Waits, Charley Patton, Robert Johnson, Tricky, Martina-Topley Bird, Radiohead (the newer stuff), Mouse On Mars, Captain Beefheart, Fiona Apple, Jean Michel Jarre, Komeda, Muse, the list goes on and on and on ...

I'm not drinking yet, it's still early, but I have to show you this excellent shot of Kieth Richards, by Annie Leibovitz. One of the best I ever saw. A friend likens it to an old master.

Which seems apt.

post-702-1205348628_thumb.jpg

For an old fart, Neil Young's music still makes a shitload of sense even Decades after it was written. With pivo and Eich.

Depends on how i feel...

Recently i listen to german neu volk, ambiant musik, Jazz, soul, expressionist music. When i feel more in an agressive mood i listen to And Oceans...and Havoc Unit and the likes. The new NIN album ghost is interresting too, all instrumental its a good one for athmosphere and ambiant music. Other then that i'm having fun translating Rammstein songs in french, it gives me the illision that i'm actually working to better my german and doing somethin relatively productive.

Edited by Rotkäppchen

And because I'm up late, I feel like talking to myself, so ... now I'm listening to and watching some Bukka White, rockin' a mini juke joint at Newport in 1966 with a weathered but loud National steel gittar. The track is called 'Babe You're Killing Me' and it has a snippet of Son House dancing along to it himself.

Man, I love the blues on absinthe.

Thoroughly enjoying a glass of Roquette 1797 while listening to some classic Klaus Schulze. Life is good.

Dan Deacon's "Spiderman of the Rings" and some really nice vert.

/drool

(sorry to reply to your post, Wren. I didn't do it right...)

Jimi Hendrix: I Don't Live Today

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion: Sticky

Joy Division: Digital

Komeda: Fade In Fade Out

Martina Topley-Bird: Sandpaper Kisses

Radiohead: Like Spinning Plates

Ry Cooder: El UFO Cayo

Tom Waits: All The World Is Green

Just listened to a couple tracks off the new Opeth album.

Despite some really awesome stuff going on in one of the songs, all in all I'm finding myself unable to relate to where they're going as a band now.

:sigh: I'll always have Still Life.

a bunch of music

You and your Interpol. Paul Banks needs a spanking.

Big time.

I'm hearing more Dan Deacon tonight.

Me and some buddies got together and spent the night spinnin' tunes on the old turntable, mostly seventies fusion and the like, JLP, Weather Report, Sea Level, Larry Carlton. Had a riot because we haven't heard these since, like, the first Reagan term!

Started the day with DJ Shadow, then some Sonny Rollins after walking the dog. Now at work it'll be Cheb I Sabbah and probably the Muppet Show album. :mbanana:

A glass of the Stockwell verte, while listening to Blue Öyster Cult, remembering last night's show. I'll probably put on some Wilco later, for tomorrow night's show. :cheers: