Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I dig some of Cake's early stuff, before they, um, evolved. "Frank Sinatra"; this little ditty I make a point to play every ninth glass of loner assbinthe drinking.

Franz Ferdinand has some pretty good ditties too (check out Jacqueline).

Johnny Cash is pretty played out, but I give him rotation when I'm too drunk to speak fast lyrics.

Maynard was fun up until he started getting preachy.

Radiohead is forever.

Dean Martin is to a drunken-lounge-music what Jack is to drinkable absinthe.

Not as bad as George Hamilton.

I bet it's the guy who does the laser light show at Stone Mountain.

Wow. They didn't do that last time I was there—but then, it wasn't quite finished yet in 1967:

stonemountain.jpg

That house is in Ohio. The music is played on an unused radio frequency. There's another video floating around the internet of another song from another year that he did.

I spend mosto f my time listening to the TV. I usually have either the History Channel on or Discovery channel.

It is easy to listen to a special on Da Vinci while typing.

That guy was a genius in the truest sense of the word.

The History Channel special on Da Vinci was good, but... they must've said "bastard" at least 50 times. If my kids got anything out of it, it was that he was a "bastard" who overcame his "bastard" status. That, and he left a tremendous amount of unfinished work. Seems he would grow tired of a work in progress (apparently already visualizing the finished project was enough), and would move on to the next one.

I did like the mention that his autopsy efforts led to being the first to clearly document atherosclerosis..., blocked arteries as a cause of heart disease and death.

Back to music, the Pogues' "Rum, Sodomy..." has the incredibly powerful "The Band Played Waltzing Matilda". Makes me sad AND mad everytime I hear it...

The "New York Dolls" were pretty entertaining, but I'd say that after enough absinthe, I'd prefer "Pere Ubu", especially their "Modern Dance" or "Dub Housing "albums.