Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I've resurrected an XBOX game called Bioshock which I hadn't played in quite some time (It even has a few bottles of Absinthe scattered around) Being a big fan of the Big Band/Jazz styles of music which happened to be part of the soundtrack, I've decided to assemble a "soundtrack" based on the old tunes from the game (Django Reinhardt, Billy Holiday, etc).

I'll be pouring a glass of 1901 tonight....I need to get away from reality for a little while.

There's always room for Django.

I tried La Matriesse Rouge tonight, and it's quite dandy. They'll be some Sleater-Kinney The Woods up and playing here in a few minutes. Again.

Hell Yeah Yeah Yeahs! :devil:

I'd hear something else for a change, but that album is almost perfect. That's where absinthe comes in.

I'll listen to other stuff, once Sleater-Kinney gets back together (slim possibility), and puts out another album that is just as good or better (probably impossible).

I'll listen to other stuff, once Sleater-Kinney gets back together (slim possibility), and puts out another album that is just as good or better (probably impossible).

When that album first came out, and I heard the production (which some people would say is botched, I would say is brilliant-- and I thought about the suckers who first heard the production on MBV's Loveless and thought that the production on Loveless was botched--and how that has become the classic to beat all classics (at least in my opinion))...I couldn't wait for ten years to pass and all these indie kids lament about the next SK album being delayed...I had no idea the hiatus would come so soon. I'm sad now, because Carrie Brownstein is my true guitar hero. I want more SK!!!!(or at least more CB)

I apologize; this is a drunk posting. I have intended to perfect my recordings before posting a link on here, but too much time has passed and not enough results--here is the link to my myspace site for my music. This isn't the music of the band I'm in (we don't have a site yet)-- this is just me and a fictional character who I claim does the vocals because my voice sucks.

Edit: By the way, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are terrific. Thanks, Baubel, for mentioning them... now I'm going to rock out to Is Is. Or Show Your Bones. Or any of their EPs.

So, if anyone is interested, here is my post-shoegaze indie crap:

http://www.myspace.com/plasticstatic

I am capable of so much better but I'm splitting my time between a full-time/overtime job, producing the demos for an americana singer/songwriter, and my "real" band, in which I am just another guitarist. If you don't like it, I don't blame you.

So me, Ubu. What can I say..

So, after saying I would listen to Replicas in MPC's honor in another thread, I remembered an album that really made an impression on me 11 years ago. It's a 2-disc album of Gary Numan covers called Random. I love that set! Has anyone else heard it?

I actually got that before I got any of the original Numan albums. The original albums were really hard to come by back then. Eventually I found a greatest hits, then Replicas and The Pleasure Principle. That's all I have at the moment, but every time I listen to Gary I'm immediately transported back to 1997, when I first heard his songs. It's weird, because anyone who heard him when he first came out can listen to the exact same songs and be transported back to 1979!

I wouldn't mind a little more CB in my life. And some CLB too! :laugh: I've been listening to Show Your Bones for the last two weeks.

Down in the park

Where the chant is death, death, death

Until the sun cries morning

Down in the park with friends of mine

We are not lovers

We are not romantics

We are here to serve you

A different face but the words never change

Cool you like Gary Numan, ubu. I'm one of them you talk about. :)

But right now I'm resting my head on a most Surrealistic Pillow from 1967, while having a glass of an unnamed verte. Wonderful!

I'm having a verte and listening to Lovage Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By. It's full of smoof groovy tunes. B)

REVEREND RAVEN: Slow Burn

post-1639-1202138776_thumb.jpg

What a band! Terrific writing, vocals, guitar, and - most of all - harp. These guys are better than a lot of well known national acts. Cadillac Pete plays some of the "greasiest" harmonica you'll ever hear. These guys have got to get more exposure. You'll love them. For only having one CD out on the market these guys are smokin. I would never have found it if I didn't look up music by Pete Rahn who played on Brian Lee's live at the old absinthe house bar Saturday night. Cadillac Pete is a great harp man.

The above review was written by Nagiants40 not me, but

If your interested in hearing these guys pm me and I'll give you the link

Not to quibble, but both of our posts referred to the same song

BAUB! :tongue:

I know. I was just testing ya.

Abs! ;)

REVEREND RAVEN: Slow Burn

We have all of his stuff, I think. The harp work is outstanding! We have 3-his newest is Big Bee and there is also Live at Blues on Grand. It is a different harp player on Big Bee but still fantastic. :bguitar:

OK Bluescat The Rev, Outstanding! Now how about trying Super Furry Animals album Fuzzy Logic. Not swamp blues, more like Brit Pop. But who knows? :)