Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I am one of the lucky ones. I get to hear the music of childrens laughter this weekend. Our Grandsons will be here and I know it will be the finest music I've heard in ages. It goes well with absinthe.......extremely well.

Cheers!

I get your drift, my brother.

The music of the laughter of children is the sweetest sound there is.

A nice verte, Dr. Yueh style. In a few minutes I'll be listening to some more of The Killers, along with some Red Sparowes, and King Crimson. It's green and read for me tonight.

Sufjan Stevens Christmas album. :cheers:

I was listening to that last night as well! Fabulous.

I also have been listenging to the Velvet Underground box set I received as a gift. Woo Hoo! :yahoo:

That's such a great box set! I bought it when it first came out without having heard anything by the Velvets before, and I remember being astounded at how far ahead of their time they were.

I was kind of disappointed in John Cale's solo work. He made some very good albums, but I wish he continued with the usage of drones more. I think Nico's Desertshore and The Marble Index are the best solo albums to come out of VU.

Next year, Throbbing Gristle are releasing an album based around their interpretations of the Desertshore songs. That should be interesting. I just got their video archive, and it's fascinating. I can't explain why I like their music, when it's hardly musical. It must be that I'm getting very bored with so much music, when the emphasis is usually entirely on execution of formula rather than actual ideas.

I have my music set on "Random".

A bunch of Prog Rock musicians got together and did an album of Rush covers called Working Man - a tribute to Rush. The song "Natural Science" from that album came up in the play list.

I must not have listened to it closely before.

Take a ten minute Rush anthem. Next, add a double dose of pretentiousness. (I know, I know...)

The vocals reminded me of William Shatner singing Mr. Tambourine Man.

I didn't know whether to laugh or get a stomach ache.

I drank some absinthe to settle my stomach, just in case.

-- T

Prost Neu Jahr!

Let's get it on!

Maybe going a little early today, with some schweet drinks. Maybe a lot early with a lot blanche. And more Femmes.

"Seems like it's a good reason!"

I see you edited the end of that, Sandpeddlar.

What a shame, I was about to attempt to have too much fun with it, but curses, foiled again! :devil: :cheers:

I was kind of disappointed in John Cale's solo work.

Although I thought VU was excellent, I was never a certified VU head, but I thought Cale's album GUTS was outstanding. Meanwhile across town in a small one room cold water walk up I'm sitting and listening to TISHAMINGO.