Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I love to pour myself a glass, light up my candles (sometimes other things) and relax with a few things:

Brian Eno

Can

My Bloody Valentine

Gene Clark

but mostly the good ol' Grateful Dead. A long, lyrical Dark Star from 70 - 74, a mellow Scarlet > Fire from 77, a primal Other One or Alligator from 69. So many choices. Such a perfect marriage of spirit and music...

Sweet merciful crap. I can only imagine some topsy-turvy slapstick silent movie accompanying Miss Florence. Such as a pie fight between five men all riding the same tandem bicycle. Hmmm, that reminds me, time to work on that screenplay.

T73, that is so cool that you found that mp3 of FFJ! I had heard of her album, The Glory??? of the Human Voice in undergrad, but had never actually listened to one of her massacres songs.

Despite her patent lack of ability, Jenkins was firmly convinced of her greatness. She compared herself favourably to the renowned sopranos Frieda Hempel and Luisa Tetrazzini, and dismissed the laughter which often came from the audience during her performances as coming from her rivals consumed by "professional jealousy." (Wikipedia)

I'm drinking a simple verte, listening to the adorable FFJ on repeat. She's only getting better and better. :twitchsmile:

While we're at it, I think she has a serious competitor (for the title "worst singer in the world") in this talented lad...

Wow - one of those things that make me realize I might as well come from another planet.

-- T

(everything will be much easier if you just pretend that I am a well-meaning space-alien who is ignorant of your quaint Earthling customs)

Thanks JoJo ;)

I don't trust anything Rolling Stone says, they fucked up when they said Pinkerton was the worst album of the year back when it came out.

Poor Pinkerton. Why didn't anyone like you? You will always be my favorite. C'mon, turn that frown upside down, I'll get you some milk and cookies. Hey! Whats that? A smile? Aww, see, Pinkerton? Everything is going to be obe-kaybe!

Pinkerton's my favourite Weezer album.

Yeah, that's right, I'm not just a metalhead.

I remember when Rolling Stone reviewed one of Agoraphobic Nosebleed's brilliant albums and just couldn't grasp the awesomeness. They're very dumb people.

Oh gracious, Baubel.

Not listening to, but watching some greats sent to me by magnificent, clairvoyent Auguru. A veritable, and yet not $10.50, matinee; Tom Waits-Big Time, HPL's Dreams in the Witch House, the enchanting The Grey Fox, and the surprising The Girl in the Swing. and drinkin' stuff.

Tonight I'll be watching Tartan Terrors perform live after many glasses of Anchor's Merry Christmas Ale and a few glasses of Belle Amie. They're a celtic band with a hardcore edge. They have this guy that is awesome with a set of bagpipes. They're supposed to be doing some Christmas music, it should be interesting.

Tonight I will have a couple of glasses of Brevans, followed by an evening at The Knitting Factory in Hollywood.

I played at the knitting factory a few times. Fun.

I am one of the lucky ones. I get to hear the music of childrens laughter this weekend. Our Grandsons will be here and I know it will be the finest music I've heard in ages. It goes well with absinthe.......extremely well.

Cheers!