Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

The first post I see Sandpedlar make and it's filthy with red wine. :devil:

Had some yellow chartreuse with cola, Dan had green and cola. Now I'm listening to Gamalon's Aerial View, and giving the Edouard the eyes. :cheers:

I had some PF 1901 earlier, and I'm giving the eyes to a kinky verte with a bad Dean Stockwell impersonator on the bottle. I haven't decided the music yet, but it will probably be something soothing to prep me for the nervous meeting I have in the morning. I think I'll give some Weezer and some Pelican a good listen before I turn in. :cheers:

Finished my mix of favoite The Cure, moving on to VNV Nation. Drinking a nameless Reisling bought on clearance from Target. Suprisingly Tasty.

Is that Funker Voght in the mix?

Why yes it is.

That's a great album; do you have the version with the live dvd? It's such a cool show.
Indeed it is! :) ("Pass This On" is from their previous album, though). No, I bought that live DVD separately, once it hit the stores. I noticed just some time ago that they had released this special CD with the DVD included. Bummer.

Saw them live on a festival here last year... That one almost put the Kraftwerk show of 1991 off their No. 1 position. Very close at least.

5:1 surround sound on a big live show like that was just awesome.

Awesome! I had downloaded a few tracks back in my :pirate: days. Last time I checked (several years ago) the original cd sountrack was $175 on ebay. A bit much for my tastes. Rooms for the Memory was one that always kicked me in the gut. Not one of the best movies ever made, but it has a dandy death/exit scene for the lady character. :thumbup:

I may be a bit too-late in both this discussion and in time, but I like to drink my Absinthe this way: I pull the shades and put the iPod into its little radio thing and put on my “Green Room” Playlist.

I found that I best like listening to music from the Great-Depression era; Late 20’s to mid 30’s. I enjoy all music and times, but for me drinking Absinthe makes me want to listen to Al Bowlly or Jack Hylton. Duke Ellington. Andy Kirk. Bing Crosby. All great, relaxing jams. Whiskey rambles me up- but Absinthe, that calms me down and makes me enjoy listening to something that graced the family wireless decades ago.

Simpler times.

That's cool, but no Django?

I'm having a glass of VdF and listening to my best guess at the Modest Mouse at Red Rocks set list. I got to prep myself for the Albuquerque show coming up in November.

I'm bringing a nice night to a close with some scumi shiraz and some Sleater-Kinney. Getting all Moony about them ;). But I'm still mad about what they did. :angry: :thumbdown: :nono: :3869-sadbanana:

Saw the Pogues at the HOB last night. Great show - even though I did get a black eye! Opening act was William Elliot Whitmore. Man, I love that guy. The Pogues were great as usual. Shane McGowan didn't even puke or fall off the stage.