Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Conway Twitty?

If I'm right, I have no idea why I would know that.

Ha! Conway Twitty! I spent an hour with his son at the Sheraton Birmingham in the restaurant bar as he went from table to table. He got mad at me because I was perplexed as to why he wasn't singing his daddy's songs rather than "you were always on my mind" by Willie Nelson (over and over again). He was a drunk, loud hoot but they seem to love him there.

Don't have a fav song, that's impossible to choose.

yeah I don't know what I asked favorite song, I really can never say myself.

I just like some musicians and some not.....seldom a whole album and never a whole carreer. but I'll say it again, I am rather fond of most of Toms music.

I've played guitar for about 17 years, I play a little piano but I no longer have one since moving. Also have an accordion, and a sitar. The sitar is quite challenging, especially to learn it properly in the hindustani music context (and finding an instructor is even more difficult). But just tuning it is an adventure in and of itself. :) I have a few other instruments like a theremin, an old magnus chord organ, harmonicas.

I too play guitar(or used to) ......on and off for perhaps fifteen years. mostly off in the last five though. I also have a sitar and I have strung and tuned it only once (what a pain in the *!) I never learned to play it and I don't think I will... but It sure is cool to look at.

I crave piano but I don't own one and I don't know how to play.....but when I fool around others seem to think I can so I guess I could be good some day if I ever find the space for one.

Theremin is fun stuff. I have a friend with one and I have fiddled about with it for a while.

I like vintage gear --- I like the old, weird stuff you find at garage sales that people want to throw away.

I do too, but I can only NOT afford one expensive habit. and if its between bankruptcy :devil: over collecting vintage gear or from imbibing absinthe I would......and do, go with the absinthe!

Edited by LaminarLouche

I play no musical instrument. I can, however, power up the radio and adjust the volume to suit me. On a good day.

Musicians would string me up if I were to try to play any musical instrument. Oh, the humanity!

I prefer to listen, smile and tap my foot.

A large Peep-acinno for lunch,

rain outside,

"Martha" on the headphones

"There was no tomorrows, we'd packed away our sorrows

And we saved them for a rainy day."

I believe it will be a quiet, melancholy evening tonight.

At the moment I'm addicted to Muse. I can't stop listening to Starlight.

Far away

This ship has taken me far away

Far away from the memories

Of the people who care if I live or die

Starlight

I will be chasing a starlight

Until the end of my life

I don't know if it's worth it anymore

Hold you in my arms

I just wanted to hold

You in my arms

My life

You electrify my life

Lets conspire to ignite

All the souls that would die just to feel alive

I'll never let you go

If you promise not to fade away

Never fade away

Our hopes and expectations

Black holes and revelations

Hold you in my arms

I just wanted to hold

You here in my arms

Far away

This ship has taken me far away

Far away from the memories

Of the people who care if I live or die

I'll never let you go

If you promise not to fade away

Never fade away

Hold you in my arms

I just wanted to hold

You in my arms

I just wanted to hold

*SIGHS* It makes me happy. It reminds me of my S.O.

Gogol is great. They put on an out of control live show. Any show that makes me fear for my life at least once gets good reviews from me.

I had some HBP while Dan and I listened to some Arctic Monkeys. Then I had some VdF and some Edouard while we watched Sideways, which is better when any wine jargon is swapped out with absinthe terminology.

After downing a La Valote and a Duplais, I stuck my iPod in my ears and got emotionally carried away by the East Village Opera Co. - an ensemble in NY that takes well-known operas arias like Puccini, Verdi, etc., and gives them an arena rock twist. Very cool... http://www.eastvillageoperacompany.com/

A Mozart overture is given a The Who treatment. These guys (and girls) are hipsters. :mbanana:

Had an excellent PF 1901 earlier tonight. I'm listening to some Record Hop, which sounds more attractive than the name, some Weezer (the songs with the easily relatable lyrics), and soon, very soon an unofficial Modest Mouse at Red Rocks set list to relive the event. Happy Nights are here again.

I had had a glass of what's left of our NO with Nathan around midnight to celebrate the big day ;) , and then a glass of arak, which I still don't like all that much but it's getting better (or I am). Earlier today I was listening to my new Emacs Text-Editing Mix while thinking about drinking.

I had some VdF with Dan tonight and another guy named Nate, he had some PF 1901. I'll probably jam out to the same stuff from last night, and maybe some Explosions in the Sky, anti-music that it is.

Tasty cherry pyment and Fire of Unknown Origen by Blue Oyster Cult, and now The Decline of British Sea Power, by a band called British Sea Power. Kinky.

Finishing my night/day with a little Throbbing Gristle and a glass of Arak Razzouk. Both of these things are so much better than ouzo. Don't tell the Greeks.

Finishing my night/day with a little Throbbing Gristle...

Ah, I can still remember those days, although, for me, it tended to be how I began my mornings. :wheelchair:

I had some VdF earlier tonight, Dan and I listened to some good songs. A nice 15 minuter included. Now I'll bring this night to a close with some scumi wine and some unscumi Kings of Leon.