Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

What a great night of music last night. Shared some Jade NO with a good friend before heading oyt for a blues show with Terry Evans. What a voice. His is a show not to be missed between him and his outstanding band. Kept us rockin' past midnight......something for us old folks! :bguitar: :wheelchair:

L'Artisanale and the new Psychic TV album. It comes out on the 12th, and if anyone is remotely interested in that genre I can't recommend it enough. Genesis P-Orridge is 57 years old and he's just now put out his best album.

I've heard of Belinda Carlisle. I was surprised at her rack post-Go-Go's.

Listened to Manson's latest last weekend while getting my absinthe on.

Supposedly, Charlie auditioned to be one of the Monkees. Really would have been a different direction for Peter, Mike, Davey and Mickey.

L'Artisanale and the new Psychic TV album. It comes out on the 12th, and if anyone is remotely interested in that genre I can't recommend it enough. Genesis P-Orridge is 57 years old and he's just now put out his best album.
Thanks for thee heads up. I just picked up thee new Psychic TV album. I'm listening to it now and I'm really liking this one too. I've got many, many albums ov theirs and it will always amaze me how different each album is. PTV has a range like no other band I've ever heard. Edited by Phoenix

So did the girl who sat next to me in sixth grade (when the show wasn't in reruns.)

Come to think of it, most of the girls I knew back then were in love with that midget.

I think it was safe, androgynous sort of thing, and the feeling that they could probably kick the crap out of him. :pirate:

Peter was my favorite Monkee, although I drooled over Davey.

Do you like Head? I think most of it is great but sometimes, it gets a little tiresome.

Sorry, Nymph. I just couldn't help myself but really, what a fun flick! ;)

Manson? I thought this thread was about music! :harhar:

HA I've been in a MM kick for the last 2 weeks. Must be the absinthe :twitchsmile:

Yeah, I saw Head. Jack Nicholson was involved with that and it was Teri Garr's premiere. The Monkees tried to tear their image apart with the movie. It is rather trippy.

The first lines Teri Garr ever uttered on screen: "Suck it. Suck the poison out."

"Suck it. Suck the poison out."

That line could be coupled very effectively with, "Put the candle back!"

What a hottie, that Teri Garr.

Went to a great show last night and heard incredible Harry Manx. I imagine at least our friends to the North know of him.

And, from what I've read, for the sake of art, going through a sex change.